so it has been six weeks since I made my first batch of pickles and that means they are DONE! The first jar I opened I shared with Kelli down stairs. Mark was home and he wouldn't have appreciated them like Kelli did. They were good, but a little more vinegary than either of us expected. Next time I will use less vinegar and more garlic. Then I opened my second jar, I have just a few left in my second jar. I'm not sure if I'm just getting use to the slightly excessive amount of vinegar or if every jar is going to be slightly different, but they weren't over bearing at all, just pure delicious.
Lydia loves pickles as much as I do. Before we opened teh pickles every time she would go in the kitchen she would pull on the fridge and ask for milk. Now she pulls on the fridge and asks for a peeko-ah. And yesterday she wanted one SO BAD she actually managed to OPEN the fridge with her tiny puny little 1 year old arms. (which I might add she has never even been CLOSE to doing) I guess when you want something bad enough...
So we have been enjoying out pickles very much...though I can't say the same for Mark, Sorry Honey! I love you too, even if I do love pickles. :)
4 comments:
Oh they made it! I remember the pickle disaster when they didn't make it, can't believe it's already been six weeks.
Yea, you're not the only one with super vinegar pickles, I had to add water to mine, and wait a few more weeks so they wouldn't be so overwhelming. Aren't pickles great though!
haha Xander just opened the fridge with his puney little one year old arms too! MIkey still hasn't done that yet. Only Xander wasn't looking for pickels, he wanted grapes.
She joins the ranks with the rest of us pickle lovers. Those big gallon jars go pretty fast at Grandma's house when everyone is there.
Post a Comment