Monday, September 1, 2008

The New Place

Well we are here in Nixa now, and in our own apartment. It's been a tiring weekend. we moved everything on Friday. mark woke up with pink eye and had to call in sick to work. So Mark and my Dad loaded up the van with most our stuff at their house that morning and we drove in to the Apartment to sign to lease. Then Mark and Dad did most of the unloading.
I stayed and organized a bit and made room for the next load while they went to Mark's parents to get the rest of our boxes, we met back at my parentes I got Lydia and they got our bed and couch. Then we all drove back to Nixa, it's about a 35 min drive. Dad helped with the big stuff then had to go to work. Everything was unloaded by about 6 with Mark doing almost EVERYTHING by him self. What a guy! I had to go get a few things we needed like a shower curtin rod and dinner. :)
By the end of the day we were so tired, and we looked at Mark's eye to see how bad it was. It turns out it was just alergies. We were so glad. Lydia went right to sleep in her new room.
It's going to take us a while to be completly unpacked, but the kitchen is almost completly put together, my cookie sheets and pots and towles are the only thing left.
Oh speaking of teh kitchen, WHAT A CHORE! While our boxes were in storage we had a honey spill, it's wasn't packed well and the honey container leaked out. Luckly my mother in law caught it before it did much damage and cleaned it up a bit. Boy am I greatful. one box was really bad teh one with the honey and it leaked into 2 more boxes. But it coudl have been a lot worse. The honey was in the box with all my spices, all my spices are fine, but I did loose 2 boxes of baking soda and a 10 lb bag of sugar. Much prefered to loosing my spices. The other boxes mainly I just had to wipe the honey off things. A very sticky mess that took some time, but I didn't loose much. so far that's been the only problem we have run into.
Now we just have to try to catch up to our selves and keep Lydia out of the unfinished boxes we still have out.
We are getting there!
Other than that, we really like our apartment, and our neighbors. (we are right above my cousin Kelli and James and their kids. ) It's nice to be in our own place again.

p.s. I EVEN HAVE A DISH WASHER!!!!!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Wohoo for the new place! But, I must ask, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?! I need pictures. You know I need pictures. You wouldn't deprive me of pictures, would you?

The honey leaking sounds terrible. Bah! Wicked honey. Perhaps I will throw mine out rather than pack it in order to avoid that very disaster.

A dishwasher! HEAVEN! Someday I too will have a dishwasher... Probably in about 2 weeks. :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Hey I have a dishwasher...but it's now just a drying rack. :S

Congrats on finally getting your own place! I'm bringing your duck hooks and blue shower curtain to Gavin's blessing next sunday. I was going to give them to mom, but I remembered right when they were headed out the door.

And I want pictures too! OH and If you need some place to stick lydia, see if kelly has a gate you could borrow. I love sticking my boys in their room with their gate up. It keeps them out of trouble...mostly.

Sarah said...

yeah, we have a gate, but Lydia doesn't like being confined, she is learning how to climb over it.
I'm not ready to think about pictures yet, i still have boxes EVERYWHERE. But as soon as we get our place looking livable I'll post some pictures. I'm trying to dig my self out of a mess, I don't really want to remember it with pictures.
But my KITCHEN is DONE!! So today I turn my time over to the living and dining room. :)

Anonymous said...

What a chore. The moving/packing/unpacking...but then it will be great. We will have to come down and see your new place.

Anonymous said...

I wish you had known about Change Is Strange. We have a series of books that help LITTLE kids through BIG changes and two of our titles are "We're Moving", and "No more Pacifier"
sounds like you've done a decent job on your own so good luck, but check out http:www.changeisstrange.com for the next time around. Good Luck!