Tuesday, September 2, 2008

No more pacifier

mark noticed Lydia's pacifier was starting to change the shape of Lydia's teeth, so yesterday we went cold turkey. She became VERY attached to it this summer, if we had done this before we moved it would not have been so hard, I had started to put her to bed sometimes with out one. She was up till 9:30 last night, which isn't bad, we kept her up till 9. She was very tired. I just put her down for a nap...and that is not working. I have a feeling I'm going to have a very cranky girl for the next few days...or weeks till she learns how to take a nap with out one. We shall see. Wish us luck.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Jayse only had his pacifier at nap time, but after he turned 2 I took it away, he never took naps again after that. He just kept going and going until he dropped for the night.

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you did it cold turkey! It sucks more for a few days, but then it's over!! Just make sure and THROW it away so she doesn't find it hiding somewhere! Congrats and good luck!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Sarah-
Breaking baby habbits is always easier than you think it's gonna be. You're right. It only takes a couple of days. You remember how bad Caleb was with his blanket. We took one weekend trip to Boise without it, and he didn't even put up a fight, cuz he knew it wasn't there. Then it was over. We got lucky with the pacifier....he quit that on his own. But trust me, my sister Anna's girls were SOOO hooked on the nuks! When she finally took if from Dejah, I think it took her three days to get over it. And then it's over for good. Stay tough and don't give in. It's never as bad as you think it's gonna be.

Sarah said...

Nope it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Naps were hard yesterday, but she did take one, and she went to bed with out a problem last night. She asked for it once, we ignored her and put her to bed and she didn't cry once. I was surprised.

Chelsi said...

Good luck! :)

Lildonbro said...

Good luck!! She'll thank you for it later :) Pacifiers have been linked to teenage angst and possible drug use. If only she could understand what you are doing for her now she'd lay down and take a nap!


***pacifiers don't actually cause any of the aforementioned teenage complications. However, they really do change the shape of teeth so good work Mark!

Sarah said...

D you make me laugh. All it took was one day, and now she is completely over it. Naps are just as easy as before as well as bed time. I couldn't' believe how easy it was.

Workmans said...

From your last comment it sounds like things ended up great considering you went cold turkey! Good job!