Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Something to blog about.

So since moving into our apartment we have needed to trip down our random things. I have discovered a few boxes that were packed in MO, stored in Idaho and then brought back here almost 3 years later, with mostly teh exact same contents. Do we really need to hold on to that stuff? We are posting stuff on craigs list like some cool cowboy hats, and sad to say but golf clubs. There are 2 of us who have gone golfing only MAYBE once a year, in the last several years, and that was to a driving range and we have 3 sets of clubs. We can get by with only one. (as a tear drop full of high school girl golf memories rolls down my cheek and makes a little "ping" as it hits my old friend the 7 iron)
All my life i have been a pack rat. "but mom don't throw the cereal boxes away, i can use the for something" ...I'm not even joking. And this weekend I did something BIG. Not only did I get rid of, but I THREW AWAY my old very cool super awesome red and black duct tape messenger bag that I used for collage and primary too. It was all old school with saftey pins and button pins up the strap, AND I threw away my duct tap trumpet case I made in high school, and use all through collage. It was very cool. But I don't need them, I'm not using them, and they take up space that I just don't have. Next I am going to get rid of my duct tape banjo case. I've made a fabric case for it and that duct tape case it HUGE. And the banjo is not. it's the smaller of my two.
I thought I dont' have to throw it away. I coudl sell it. But then I have to repair it and hold on to it till someone buys it and then ship it to them or wait for them to show up and get it.
We have gotten rid of other stuff to, both me and Mark are doing really good. But we arent' quite through yet. We still have a few more memories to let go of.

4 comments:

Lildonbro said...

Oh the duct tapes creations!!!
:( That breaks my heart more than the golf clubs.

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

moving really makes you realize all the stuff you have and don't need. Living with the parents, there's so many boxes sitting out there that we don't even get into. Does that mean we could just get rid of the box and not miss it? I guess we'll decide when we get a house.

Sarah said...

That's what we did, we said we lived with out it for 3 months, do we really need to keep it? It's kinda sad to let go of old stuff, but the feeling of getting rid of junk you don't need is WAY better. It totally out weighs the sadness.

Garry the Jeweler said...

The "getting rid of stuff" phase of life indicates you are adults now. No longer saddled with unnecessary nick nacks and mementos from your youthful days.

Congratulations!!! You have both arrived :D