But that's not all he did. He got adventrous and made home made bread, but not just any bread, homemade FRENCH bread. He looked up a recipeand folowed it. He said he wasn't sure how good it was going to be, cause he has never made bread before, but honestly bread is hard to mess up. It's pretty simple (note that yes it CAN be messed up, so if you have tried yoru hand at it and messed it up, try again. You'll get it) So when I got home the bread was rising on the pan almost ready for the oven. And 30 mins later we were enjoying lasagna and home made bread. I have a picture to see how good it turned out, but I wish I could show you a picture of how good it tasted. It had a nice thick crust and a soft inside. Very yummy. And we have some nice left overs or lunch today! WOO YEAH!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Lasagna and French bread
One of my favorite meals. We decided that that sounded good for dinner yesterday. I spent the day with my sisters and we went to my grandparents house, and I didnt end up getting home till 6. If I had enough time I wanted to make home made bread cause one it's cheaper and 2 it's better. When I got home Mark had already gotten dinner started. He made the lasagna all by him self, meaning he didn't follow a recipe. But neither do I, I just layer the ingreadients I like, pretty simple. 
But that's not all he did. He got adventrous and made home made bread, but not just any bread, homemade FRENCH bread. He looked up a recipeand folowed it. He said he wasn't sure how good it was going to be, cause he has never made bread before, but honestly bread is hard to mess up. It's pretty simple (note that yes it CAN be messed up, so if you have tried yoru hand at it and messed it up, try again. You'll get it) So when I got home the bread was rising on the pan almost ready for the oven. And 30 mins later we were enjoying lasagna and home made bread. I have a picture to see how good it turned out, but I wish I could show you a picture of how good it tasted. It had a nice thick crust and a soft inside. Very yummy. And we have some nice left overs or lunch today! WOO YEAH!
But that's not all he did. He got adventrous and made home made bread, but not just any bread, homemade FRENCH bread. He looked up a recipeand folowed it. He said he wasn't sure how good it was going to be, cause he has never made bread before, but honestly bread is hard to mess up. It's pretty simple (note that yes it CAN be messed up, so if you have tried yoru hand at it and messed it up, try again. You'll get it) So when I got home the bread was rising on the pan almost ready for the oven. And 30 mins later we were enjoying lasagna and home made bread. I have a picture to see how good it turned out, but I wish I could show you a picture of how good it tasted. It had a nice thick crust and a soft inside. Very yummy. And we have some nice left overs or lunch today! WOO YEAH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
whoa, what impressed, and that's funny what you say about bread, mine always seems to mess up. I think I've finally figured out that it's old yeast, not because I've had it forever, but the store has. That's what I get for living in the land of. . .WHAT you MAKE BREAD!??!
Anywho, that french bread looks awesome.
Are you asking ME if I make bread? yes, I make it all the time. Bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls (not as much as I should) pizza, biscuits, and sometimes when I feel like standing in the kitchen all day tortillas.
Just cause I messed up cookies a few times in collage doesn't mean I can't cook. Think about it, I don't think I made anything but biscuits and a few flawed cookies and carmel in collage. But really cookies aren't my forte, I leave those for Mark. He not only makes bread, but his cookies are some of the best around.
Way to go mark That bread looks deliseiys I love the french bread marks on the top too.
Post a Comment