Monday, September 29, 2008

Fanofobia

So I know I just posted, but this was too funny. I had to tell you about it. We have a big round floor fan that when we are not using it, is usually put against the closest wall. Well today Lydia dropped a shoe behind the fan because it was about 4 or5 inches away from the wall. As she leaned against the fan to try and reach down to grab her shoe she tipped it so the top leaned against the wall. When she discovered she couldn't reach the shoe she decided to try another tactic but when she backed off of the fan it started leaning toward her. She thought the fan was going to fall on her, when in reality it was just balancing to stand up right. She cried and cried adn i tried to tell her just to walk away and trust me. so wanting to trust me she started to walk away but then she thought the fan was falling again so she would cry somemore and push back against it so it wouldn't fall and crush her. Finally after a few mins of serious tears I gave up and came and saved her. Then I tipped teh fan up and let it "fall" a couple times to show her that it wouldn't fall on her, but when I tried to get her to go near it again, she got scared and ran back over to be comforted by mommy. She has done this before. And it's just kinda funny to watch. I hope she figures it out soon. :)

1 comment:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha you could be really mean and tape a face onto it at Lydia's eye level. She wouldn't ever touch it again. jk

I hope she figures it out too. it's never fun to be scared.