Saturday, January 16, 2010

A new low...

Yesterday I went to get Cloudy with a chance of meat balls from red box, but the closest one was all out. So I called Mark, and he found pretty much the only 2 red box's that still had it, and one happened to be close to us. I get there and had to stand in line behind someone who didn't' really know what he was getting I guess cause he took a while, so I had time to observe my surroundings.
I saw a lady get out of her nice car and flick a barley smoked cigarette into the trash. She missed. It landed on the side walk (the gas station side walk, which was a grimy from the dirt mixed snow run off) Then a few minuets later I saw a guy walk out of the door, casually bend down and pick up the still lit cigarette, and hop in his car.
Is it really THAT bad that some one would consider picking up a dirty cigarette that a stranger with who knows WHAT illness dropped?
*shudder*

8 comments:

Sheri said...

GROSS! That's sick.

Perhaps he had a garbage can in his car and was just throwing it away...saving the planet and all... :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Bleck! Well they always told us in DARE that smoking a cigerett was worse than licking the pavement.

SMOKING IS GROSS!

Shelly said...

Surprisingly enough, it happens a lot more than you think it would. Gross, but I guess it's being green, isn't it?? Waste not, want not, you know?
:)

Cassie Rakes said...

Do you know how expensive those things are? Well do you? I always have wondered how people can afford them. There's my answer. So did you get the movie? Did you like it? I think I enjoyed it just because it reminded me of a kid in primary.

Sarah said...

ok, so I have NO clue how much they cost.
and yes I did get the movie. I was a little surprised that I did, honestly. And we LOVED it. I need to watch it again, cause i never catch every thing the first time I watch a movie, and there was a lot of funny stuff in there.

zac and manami said...

i watched that movie with kellen! it is a cute movie. i don't think the book was like that though. anyhow, that is gross that he picked it up and took it with him... but i know how desperate people can be to smoke... when i was reading, i thought the guy was gonna throw it into the trash can... but i guess no body does that anymore... but sorry you had to witness that...

Garry the Jeweler said...

Sheri, the eternal optimist, "saving the planet and all". And Riss, it was like they said in DARE, he got the cigarette and licked the pavement too !-P

Shelly said...

lol...Can't beat a 2 for 1 deal!