Monday, January 11, 2010

6 years later

We "celebrated" our 6th anniversary yesterday. I say "celebrated" cause we didn't really do anything different yesterday. We did go on a fun date on Saturday though. All we really had planned was the babysitter. Marks parents were watching the kids for us, and we were still deciding what to do on the way over. We called up our friends, and we all decided to go out for Mexican and then go bowling. I love bowling...especially when I win :) (I just hate that I can go with out smelling like nasty smoke when I'm done.) I got a 130, and Mark was a close second with 129. We were going to go play pool when we were done, but it was like $9 an hour for a table, so we got the kids and came back to our place (our friends came over too) and played a little wii...cause it is free.

We have had a bit of snow lately and Last Monday Willard was canceled so Hyrum and Lilly came over to play in the snow with Lydia for a little while. It was deathly cold out side so it didn't' last long.

This is in front of our house. it was a dinky little hill, but it was big enough for the little girls. Hyrum had to push them down .

Lydia got her hands in the snow and her little knit gloves got covered with snow, so I gave her one of my gloves cause we couldn't get hers back on.
Grandma and grandpa went shopping while we played and they brought back some nice warm snow mittens for Lilly and Lydia, so we wont have the problem again.
Our Kitchen is set up very silly. It's a big space with not many counters or cabinets. We don't have room for any food in our cupboards. We have a book shelf set up in the closet under the stairs for a pantry and all our food storage was in boxes in the coat closet. Impossible to get to.
So we went to Lowe's and bought a shelving unit and some ply wood to make walls and doors to keep the children out . Lydia is helping Daddy put the bolts on the wall to attach it to the side. She did the ratchet all by her self, and she thought it was pretty cool.
Here is the finished product. Which still doesn't' quite hold all our food. We still have to use the book shelf in the closet. we may end up going back to get another one. But it gave us more counter space cause we got the microwave up. And it's nice to have the food in the kitchen now.

3 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Yay for more space! I have a feeling that cabinet is going to be used A LOT!

Chelsi said...

Six years! Congrats ;) Nice work on the extra storage. You guys are pretty handy... You'll be awesome in your new calling. {I was excited to get released from Nursery so I could go to RS too}

Cassie Rakes said...

Our kitchen is the same way, it get's really annoying, We put stuff on top of the fridge, but it gets old that everyone can see all our food. I like that idea, might have to steal it.
Congrats on the 6 years, man can you believe it's been that long?