Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

So we were TOLD our Internet would be up and running by the 28th, and yet it didn't actually happen till YESTERDAY. LAME! But we have it now, and all is right with the world.
We were a little too excited about our video camera that we didn't really take pictures Christmas morning. So when I figure out how to upload it from my camera I'll post it. Meanwhile I do have a few pictures of Christmas with my family and later Christmas day.
This was our Christmas tree the day we set it up. (just to top of our tree) We had a magical tree this year. In order to keep Danton away from the tree we just had the little tree for most of the month. Then Christmas Eve we set up the full tree in the living room, so Christmas morning it was magically HUGE, and it had presents too.
We did not however get any pictures of the full tree except on video cause well it just didn't last very long. After the presents were all open it didn't take long for Danton to go for the tree. Within 2 minuets the bottom half of the tree was COMPLETELY undecorated. It was put away by Saturday.
This is Christmas with my family on Monday the 21, all the little kids (and Lilly) eating lunch together.

And Lydia being SassyChristmas morning just after we finished the presents Danton found a candy cane just where he could reach, so he pulled it off and played with it. He ended up sitting on it which broke it and then when he put it in his mouth he could taste it cause it wasn't all covered in plastic. He ate the whole thing and didn't make much of a mess.

Lydia got the purse in her stocking, and she got a snow white barbie and a Cinderella barbie, she she had to put on her Cinderella dress. The Bear is what Danton got but Lydia was having fun with him too...or I guess according to Lydia HER since after all the bear is wearing the purse.
Lydia got this tutu from Granny and Papa Rone on Christmas, and Danton liked it too. See how happy he is


Now for my new years resolutions... I figure if I tell everyone I have a better chance of actually doing them.
1. Practice the piano often. We had to put the key board away for a while and when it wasn't out I didn't pull it out to play. So I set it back up this week and I want to practice more.
2. I want to practice my fiddle also. I got a new fiddle book for Christmas and I really want to play. I do need good strings on it though. It's a waste of a good instrument just sitting up in my room. And I LOVE the fiddle. I want to learn how to play, so here we go
And finally
3. Get the laundry DONE weekly. I often only do one load at a time, or I forget about the last load in the washer and I have to restart the washer a couple times cause the clothes sit too long. And then it never gets folded till I need to do laundry again and I need the baskets. So I'm going to get another hamper and pre-sort my laundry. then when I have enough for a load I just do one load, fold it and put it away, instead of doing laundry all day....lets hope it works right? :)

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha! I love those pictures of Danton in that Tutu! He's going to dispise those when he gets older. It's ok. It just means he'll make an agile football player someday lol! Fun stuff!

Sheri said...

I'm so glad your internet is back! Now we can hear from you all of the time. Your Christmas sounds like lots of fun, I love the pictures!

Sarah said...

christmas was lots of fun. It's so much more magical with little kids.

manami said...

i love the tutu! he looks cute in it! he is going to be a balletrino! lol. sounds like you guys had a good christmas! i decided to start doing my blog on blogger. it still doesn't look as good but i will keep working at it.