I can cook a lot of things, but I have only MASTERED a few. When I say mastered I mean perfect. I can make it and have it turn out perfect EVERY time. And people got OH! That is SO good! Cinnamon rolls is one and Pizza is another. WE like pizza in this house, we have it 2 or 3 times a month usually.
We like to change things up and not do the same toppings every time. We gain inspiration from Papa Murphy's. They are my very favorite pizza chain ever. They have this amazing creamy garlic sauce which is absolutely awesome. We have tried to duplicate it but it never is the same.
When we made Pizza on Wednesday I had a brilliant idea. I wanted to make my own pizza but I wanted that awesome creamy garlic sauce. I couldn't find an accurate recipe on line. People were saying it was just ranch with garlic...yeah right. So I call and order a cheesy bread with creamy garlic sauce instead of their regular marinara sauce. GENIUS! I get the cheesy bread, use their sauce on my pizza and use my sauce to dip the bread in.
Lydia loves to help me cook so I let her help a lot with these pizzas, she thought it was awesome.
First I let her "fork" the crust. (the SEASONED crust...
yumm) We got the docker for Christmas (the tool that Lydia is using) we wanted one forever, and it's really fast and kinda fun to use.

I did the sauce, but I let her do the toppings.

Lydia did the 3 little pigs pizza (bacon, sausage, and ham) And then I took over and did the
gourmet chicken pizza (creamy garlic sauce, chicken bacon, green onion, tomato, and 4 kinds of cheese) After I got the sauce on the dough I thought I'd give it a taste just to see if I could
possible figure
out what they use as a base. After about 3 tastes I
couldn't believe....I KNEW what it was, and I could duplicate it! You'll never guess. ...RANCH AND MINCED GARLIC!!! They may add a few other herbs or have a thicker sauce then just ranch dressing, but it was simple as that. go figure. but now I can make it at home!!! OH it's so good!!!
So I also let Lydia cut the pizza, I did it lightly at first so she could have a line to follow, and she actually cut through the crust. She is my big helper.

That was a little slow and not as fun, so we got out the big guns...

Yep, that is our fancy
schmancy pizza cutter. FUN HUH! she did it really well at first...then she started dicing the pizza so we had to stop...
Danton liked Lydia's pizza

Lydia
didn't actually eat any of her pizza, she ONLY ate the Papa Murphy's cheesy bread. She came with me to pick it up and she got excited about it. Funny girl.

I almost never have soda in the house and I think this was the first time Lydia actually had it with dinner, so it was a new experience for her. She watched Mark pour it in his cup and the fizz really surprised her. As the fizz diapered she said "Dad, your drink went down!" A little shocked at that magical event. Then he poured her a glass. She has a tiny little cup, so there wasn't really enough to fizz. She looks at her cup, and paused. Then said a little confused "It's broken..." ha ha ha ha
On another note the next day the kids were going a little
nutzo so I let them play the piano. which I
don't usually do cause it makes me go
nutzo, but the nice thing about a key board is there is a VOLUME button. They were soft with the keys and it kept them both entertained for a while.

Danton really got into it
3 comments:
I love the pictures even though I get to see the kids regularly. It's fun to have you on line again.
lol. I love it! All of it, "it's broken." haha. Its kinda nice to know there are some kids who dont know how to react to soda out there. That pizza looked yummy...and your "forker" looks wicked...really. It's kinda scary...if it didnt make pizzas so yummy.
P.S. your EXTREMELY lucky that keyboard has a volume on it. Trust me! Dont get my wrong I love my acoustic piano...but sometimes I do wish it had a volume button!
yummm! they look great! and lydia looks so much older in the pictures! wow! so cute!
Post a Comment