Wednesday, January 20, 2010

3 in 1

This post may seem random, but that's cause it probably should be 3 posts. So first things first.
The new Truck
Ooooo, Ahhhhhh

Now on to the children...
Danton got a new walker toy. The boy can walk, he has been since Thanksgiving. He just dosen't think he can. If you get him distracted he will walk all over the place. This toy is helping though. And sometimes Lydia hops on for a free ride...
And they both think it is hilarious.

Danton also loves his horsey he got for Christmas.

He even does trick riding.

Yesterday is was warm enough to go out side. While Danton was taking his nap I put Lydia's jacket on her and let her play out side. I told her I didn't' want her to cross certain lines so I could see her while I did the dishes. She played where I asked her to for an hour by her self out side. She had so much fun. After a few mins I found some things she could play with out side. I gave her an old formula can with the scoop (which was AWESOME) Her little sippy straw cup, and an ice cream bucket. Best toys in the world. She also had a little penguin. I showed her how to find rocks and put them in her can.
At one point she turned the ice cream bucket up side down and put it on top of the grill.
"This is the grill, and he's the King. And I'm the Princess!"
You see the bucket was his crown. She took the bucket off and showed me his hair (the handle for the lid) then showed me his hands (the handles on the sides) and his nose (the temp gauge) and his tummy (the small door for the smoker)
This is Lydia throwing the rocks back into the yard when she was done playing with them
Instead of a nap yesterday, she got to play out side. This was about 6 last night.

8 comments:

Garry the Jeweler said...

Lydia is growing up so fast, Danton too. What fun pictures.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

wow Lydia looks like lilly in that last picture. I love how everything is a prince for you little princess. Too cute!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

P.S. WOOT YEAH for two cars!!!

TannHart said...

yay for two cars! She has such a creative mind! I hate it when WEs falls asleep around 6:00 because that means he wakes up around 8:00 and does not want to go back to sleep by 9:00 :( BUT...isn't is so nice when they can go outside and play?! I was so happy when our neighbors rang our door bell and asked if Wes could come play! (They are 6 and 7 so they watch him wahoo!)
SORRY...Long comment!

Lildonbro said...

I love the trick riding and the grill being king! Kids are so funny!

Sheri said...

Nice truck! How fun. Garry will be so jealous.

Your kids are adorable. I love the pictures.

Nancyann said...

Aw, Lydia is so grown up! And so imaginative!!! I wonder how/what that will develop into as she gets older, very similar to her mother's creativity I'm sure! :)

Sarah said...

:) She wanted to watch a 2nd movie one day and I told her she needed to play and use her imagination. She saw the cover of Mary Poppins and said
"Mom, I want to watch that imagination"