Saturday, October 18, 2008

some good habbits are annoying

Well I decided not to do the liners in the diapers. Cause apparently Lydia dosen't really care that she is wet. Although she IS starting to tell me when she is poopy. And that is a good step in the right direction. I decided not to push potty training. Let it take as long as it takes. My goal is to get her on teh potty every day and keep it positive. When she DOES go potty she gets to flush the toilet and wash her hands. Well she has discovered that she LOVES to wash her hands. The soap bubbles are funny and she gets a little wet. She only gets to flush the potty if she goes potty, but she can wash her hands any time she wants...so we do it all the time. as annoying as it is for me, I figure I better encourage that one. every time she sees a sink she reaches toward it and says "Hans. Hans. Hans. Hans."
She loves teh potty so much. She dosent always want to sit on it, so I never make her. But I do how ever have to make her get off. She starts not really sittin gon it but playing on it and if she really DID go, it wouldn't make it in the potty anyway. That's when it's time to get off. And yesterday she was being cranky so I told her no when she wanted to sit on the potty. "Only happy girls get to sit on the potty" And she wasn't happy so she took a nap.
As for Halloween I've changed my mind again. i was going to put her hair in curlers and have her go as goldy locks and the three bears with teddy bears or go as shirly temple cause she likes to tap dance with mommy. But she is OBSESSED with Winnie the Pooh. She askes to watch him SEVERAL times a day and actually watches him every day. Not always teh whole show. She gets so excited, she dances to all the songs and laughs at pooh bear, and even mimmicks some of the things he does. SO I thought as un origional as pooh bear is Lydia woudl LOVE it. So when I get it all dont I'll take pictures. I've been talking about her dressing up as pooh bear. I Hope she gets excited about it.

1 comment:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Aw that will be cute! Thanks to mom this year we've got the easest time doing costumes. Hurray for SUPER GUYS! I am...however...going to try to get them to wear masks. Or at least face paint.