Thursday, October 30, 2008

Never thought I'd get so excited about poop.

Yes, another Potty Training update. Lydia went potty on the toilet TWICE today. That is so exciting because she hasn't done an8ything on the potty in 2 1/2 weeks. She doesn't mind going it's just a matter of me getting the timing right, cause she still wont tell me when she needs to go.
We hung a blanket in her window yesterday and it made her sleep longer so I could take her potty when she woke up this morning. Usually she is up before me and just plays happily till 7:30-8 when I wake up. well by the time I get her out of bed, she has already gone potty in her diaper.
Since we put the blanket up it made her room a little darker and she slept longer then me so when she woke up I took her potty this morning and she went PEE! Horay! Then after her nap I took her and she went poop on the potty!
Now conviently our ward had their trunk or treat last night and Lydia gother entire honey pot FULL of candy. Of course I sifted through it an dpulled out the Lydia appropraite candy and took the rest for my self and Mark. But now we have a wonderful variety of candy for Lydia when she goes Potty.
This morning she got a little sucker...that was a mess, this afternoon she got a candy bracelet. Not as messy as I would have thought. She just thought it was a bracelet and that was awesome. She loves bracelets, She also loves to put things...EVERYTHING in her mouth, so once she tasted it it got even better. Then I showed her how to bite the candy's off and she has eaten almost all of it. Though slobbered all over in the process, you should see her face and arm now, they are white from the chalky residue from the candies. I think when we run out of candy I'll be finding the candy bracelets. They were a good choice.


10 comments:

TannHart said...

How exciting! Just think, that was one less poppy diaper you have to change.
Also, I LOVE candy bracelets too.

Caroll said...

I think, if I were you, I'd be looking for candy bracelets the day after Halloween. It will save you some money, even if you don't need them quite yet.

Keith said...

Holy cow! She looks like she has grown up so much in just two months! It might just be that her hair is so much longer. Fun story and thanks for the pix!

Sheri said...

Wow! She even POOPED?! You are so blessed! And I am green with envy. Darling pictures also.

Laureen said...

She is so big. And darn cute! I'm so glad to be done with the potty training thing. I sure miss you.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Man...I wish I could get my kids to do that. It's so much harder with two...and the fact that they wake up at 6am is a little crazy.

This morning I changed 3 horrific diapers in a row. Gavin, then mikey laid down next to him, then xander alongside. (It was horrific because Mikey and Xander had found the rasins, and gavin had over flowed as well)

Sarah said...

I already thought about finding them tomorrow on sale. And Ris are you talking about figurative "raisins" or real ones...

Cassie Rakes said...

SO I know this isn't about the blog, but man she looks a ton older, I don't know why but I was just amazed as I was scrolling thru. SO pretty.

Keith said...

Sheri, are you sure that "green with envy" is the best choice of words when referring to the subject matter of little children's poop?

Sarah said...

yeah, I think it's the hair that makes her look older. I also thing she just went through a huge growth spurt (or is going through one) A pair of pants that fit her 3 weeks ago are now 1 1/2 inches or more too short.