Saturday, October 18, 2008

Car problems

So it turns out that the check engine light came on again and then the power steering sttopped and the battery light came on too. We sat and tried to figure out the problem and then while Mark and I were talking we realized I've had this problem before. 3 or 4 years ago while I was driving in springfield my power steering stopped mid drive and my battery light kicked on. All my other electronics still worked though. We drove it for about a week and I talked to my dad and he said it sounded like a belt problem. Sure enought the belt had broken.
So I went down to look at the belt while Mark called his Dad to get more help. The belt was still intact but it has slipped off one of the wheeles. So I ran upstairs and told Mark. It took him 10 mins to fix once he jacked the car up. That was the problem with the stupid light too. I was so glad we didn't take it in and have some tell us what the problem was. That would have cost a LOT, and for no reason.
I'm so glad Mark knows enough about cars that he isn't afraid to do his own car repairs. :)

2 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hurray for doing your own car repairs! And hurray for remembering what happened last time.

Garry the Jeweler said...

You are very fortunate to have a husband who can work on cars. And the best teacher is experience. :) Way to go