Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Well I don't really have anything intreasting to write about, but I figured I'd let the world know I am still alive. My sister Risy had hr baby on Saturday so my mom brought her two boys home for a week so Risy could recover with on,y 1 baby instead of 3. So Lydia has been playing with her cousins Mikey and Xander for the past few days. Xander is just 2 months younger then her and he seems like a baby cause he still isn't walking. And Mikey is 10 months older and they are having a lot of fun together. It's fun to watch her get to know her cousins.
And in other news, it's July...what the crap. When did that happen?
AH HAH! I know what I forgot. I got my self a brand new violin a couple weeks ago. WAHOO! I havent practiced in the last couple days, but it's been a little buisy with 3 little kids instead of just 1. But Ii'm going to learn to fiddle. I'm having lots of fun with it, but it is a new experience trying to learn how to bow and play a non fretted instrument. It's like learning music all over again. Other instruments I've played I sound good no matter if I know how to play it or not cause you push the button or blow in the hole or hit the string and it makes the right sound. so having to LEARN how to not only make a sound but make the CORRECT sound has been a bit of a challange. I'm trying to find someone to trade fiddle lessons for banjo lessons, and in the process I have gained 2 students. Well I think anyway. I have 2 people that have asked about my lessons caus they have been looking for a teacher, so I'm waiting to get the details of when and where. Horay for students!
So perhaps when I can play the fiddle with out making my ears bleed I'll play for you...thoes that want to hear. :)

6 comments:

Sheri said...

So what exactly is the difference between a fiddle and a violin? I've always wondered.

The Ottley's said...

Hey Sarah,
Good to hear you are still alive! :)

Sarah said...

Sheri there really is no difference, it's just different styles of playing. Some fiddlers prefer a flatter bridge to play faster, but not everyone does. It's the same thing.
And it's been a busy week with extra little kids. I havent' even thought about posting. I've been too tired, or gone. But I'm not dead yet.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Sarah you're so amazing! Even if I wanted to play all those instruments...It would always be a want and I'd never get around to doing it. And thanks for keeping tabs on my kiddos. (haha no pun intended.)

Sarah said...

ha ha, your funny Ris. And I have a little more time than you do, I only have 1 and when she is down for a nap I have total free time. That's why I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I get to where you are. :)

Cassie Rakes said...

Okay I am glad you are having a bit of trouble too, because I just thought I might be a little retarded, I think it is a definite lesson instrument, because i haven't been doing to hot on my own.