Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pickles Pickles Pickles!


Saturday I went to Grandma Willis's house and I came home with a sack full of cucumbers for my family. Well Mom and Dad have been pulling enough cucumbers out of their garden so I ended up making pickles. That was the first tiem I have canned anything and everything turned out perfectly. I was so excited. I got 5 full quarts of pickles. Yummy.
At church on Sunday somebody brought a big box full of cucumbers. But these weren't your average cucumbers, they were HUGE. Like 18 inches long, they were hugecumbers! So i got 3, and got several more from mom and dad's garden and I did some more canning today. With one of thoes hugecumbers I got 24 pickle spears, and several hamburger slices. SWEET! (...actually DILL) Everythign was sucessful again today and now I have 15 jars of pickles, 3 are small so I have 13 quarts of pickles. how rocking awesome is that! And it was pretty easy, just boil the brine and stick everything in teh jar and close the lid. That's it. And now I have pickles comming out of my ears!

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

You should have gotten a GREAT BIG jar and pickled some hugecumbers whole! That would be stinkin awesome!

Cassie Rakes said...

I am so glad I've got a pickle buddy.

Sarah said...

I don't think they make jars that big, seriously, they were taller than a gallon jar.

Jon and Annalisa said...

Your domesticness is astounding. What can't you do?!