Saturday, May 31, 2008

This is for all my friends out west

We had a tiny storm last night. Tiny as in short. There wasn't much rain, but the cloud it's self was huge. We were driving home from Springfield watching this last night, and when we got back I went out to video it. For some reason I can't hear the sound from my videos when I put them on my computer, but that's ok, the storm was so far away that you couldnt hear the thunder when I took the video anyway. Just the frogs croaking. (no I'm serious, you can hear them on my camera) The storm got close enough to hear the thunder about 20 or 30 mins later and there was a light shower of rain, but mostly lightening and rolling thunder. Next time I'll find someone who has a camera with better sound and I'll get the thunder too. It's just too cool if you have never heard it before.

6 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

Storms along with green things, was what I missed most when I was out west.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Yeah thats awesome. Next time try to get a picture of lightning. Set your camera on the sport setting (most cameras have it) and it takes up to 7 pictures in a row really quickly. You may actually get a really cool picture.

The Ottley's said...

Where's the sound...

Sarah said...

my camera is GAY. It does sound on the camera, but it wont transfer to the computer. I have tried it several different ways and through several different programs and it just wont work. And becides, the only thing you can hear in this video is frogs. The lightening was too far away to hear thunder. But next time it thunders in a storm like that I"ll use my sisters and dad camera, I think their sound works better.

Sheri said...

VERY cool. You make me miss it.

LilDonbro said...

That's some awesome storm!! I LOVE IT!!
I need a video camera...not that it's raining out here right now, but when it does I want to be ready.