Monday, May 19, 2008

THE BOG

So if you havent heard my song yet, let me know. I wrote a song about my parents back yard called the back yard bog. I recorded it on my lat top so if you want to hear it I can email the mp3 to you. To be brief, the bog use to be in teh back corner of the yard. It is from septic problems, so you can imagine how fun it is when you are down wind. :) We have tried a few things to get rid of it but nothing really worked. This is the bog now. It is pretty much always like this. The pictures are mainly for my Idaho friends who don't know what a bog is. :) It's a wet marshy swampy puddle of water and mud.
My parents actually bought a brandnew lawn mower this year and the first time my brother use it, the blade hit the bog and broke. ha ha. So Dad ended up getting a weed wacker today. Joseph cut it down today, but it was at least 2 feet high.
So enjoy the pictures of "The Bog"





4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

The pictures don't quite do it justice. Sure you can see the puddles...but it's the stuff you can't see thats gross. Even where joseph is standing in some of the pictures he'd still sink into the bog. It's just plain out gross. We couldn't play in our yard growing up cause we were afraid of getting mudd all over.

LilDonbro said...

I want the song :)

Sheri said...

Okay, I love that Joseph is sinking his feet into the bog and he's BAREFOOT. UGH!!!!

Cassie Rakes said...

gotta love the septic tanks systems, so gross, I remember the summer we spent digging out around it to get it fixed, yuck.