This week has been busy but super fun. Mark's brother Dave is here from Idaho for a week and a half. Since we are in Willard instead of Springfield right now we have done a bit more running around than usual. And we have been to Grandpa's lake a couple times. Everyone loves it out there. And so far I have only gotten one chigger, and that was the the civil war museum at Wilsons Creek, I wasn't even out side. But I know the week isn't over yet. We have been fishing twice, and I have not caught a THING. NO I take that back. Yesterday Kendra and I were VERY consistent with catching this tree. It was at the bottom on the lake by the shore where everyone was catching all the fish, I'm not sure how many hooks we lost down there. Mostly I was catching "Big Moss Bass" (for those of you who don't know much about fish, that's not a fish, it's just my not so obvious way of saying I got nothing but moss) Although I did catch a stick. My hook went clean through the center. It acted just like a fish on my line and when I pulled it out of the water, it was stupid little stick. It wasn't even a BIG stick. Kendra got a stick too, well it was more of a miniature branch. It was at least 4 times the size of my stick. We had both given up on catching anything. But a few mins before we left Kendra tried again. She caught a little TINY fish...we could have gotten a better fillet off my stick. And then she caught a BIG fish. ha ha, but before they could get it in the boat it jumped off the hook and swam away. No crappie for us, just Big Moss Bass and Fish Sticks. It was a lot of fun though. The kids all caught at least 2 fish and some caught a LOT of fish. I think we are going to go once more before they leave.
I'll post some pictures after Dave and Kendra leave. I shouldn't even be posting right now, I should be writing my talk for Sunday.
6 comments:
haha sarah your so funny. I like how you say she cought a tiny fish..only it's in BIG letters. But I think my favorite line is, "we could have gotten a better fillet off my stick" HAHAHA you're so awesome!
Well fish, that's a big fish story. Call me fishy but I don't think I've every read a fish story about somany fish things besides fish, and with the word fish so many fishin' times.
HA ha, YOU LIKE IT! See Cassie, you should come down here, then you could go fishing with me in my Grandpa's fishy lake. Then we could catch fish, and swim with fish. I know how much you LOVE fish...Tami too if I recall, she hated them as much as you do.
sarah you should have left the word do off of your last sentence...I was reading it and I totally expected it to rhyme.
*just to clairify I know do also rhyms with you and too...but it would have sounded better without.
and that is why I'm not a professional poet.
Post a Comment