Believe it or not, I have actually never seen Dad cast a ring before. Neither has Mark. And since his stuff is right out side our door, it made it rather convenient. Dad was casting a ring Saturday night, and Mark was helping him, so I thought it's be fun to post some pictures.
This is the scrap white gold before it's turned into a ring.
Mark melting the gold and Dad is pokeing it. What did that gold ever do you you dad?
Dad just put that black cylinder on the back of the white thingy with the gold in it. That is where the mold for the ring is. (Aren't you impressed that I know all the big official terms for everything?)
careful it's hot! The water discentegrated teh mold thingy and then he stuck his hand in and pulled out the ring.
Isn't it beautiful! It's actually 3 rings. they still have a bit of finish work, but you get the idea. :)
3 comments:
aw that reminds me of when Mike and Dad made our wedding rings!
coool! I've never seen the process before. That little white thingy looks like a tiny urinal.
Mom was glad I posted it too, it's a good thing to have in our family history. And having lived in 2 different places makes me realize how many things in each place I take for granted, so I've been taking more pictured...a lot more pictures of just about everything.
Post a Comment