I must say that I LOVE to tap dance. Growing up I remember watching musical, particuarly Gene Kelly musicals and watching him tap dance. there was somethign captivating about that to me. Then in High School for the first time in my life I say live tap dancing. We had some collage students preform for us and they ALL were tapping. I was sitting next to best friend (one of many) Jessica, and she loved it as much as I did, and I think both of our jaws just droped to teh floor while we watched. Envious of everyone in tap shoes.
My first expirence with tap dancing I didn thave my shoes yet and I came to class in my converse and tapped in thoes. I have had about a year and a half of formal tap class total and being in class today it was fun to look back adn realize how much I really know. A friend of mine brought her video camera to class to tape our routienes, we have 2 that we are working on. I know them both but neither are perfected. So this way I can work on them after I move back home.
I also hope to start teaching. I had a freind from church over every week for several months teaching her how to tap. It was so fun, and it was goo practice for me.
Now when I look back to High School whishing so much that I coudl learn, sometimes I can't believe that I am actually taking dance classes. And I can see self improvement almost every week.
It also makes me a proud momma to watch Lydia dance to music, she likes to tap dance. Oh also a new discovery, cartoons to not impress Lydia. She is a tv bug for sure, but more cartoons only hold her attention for at the very longest 10 mins. But if I put a musical on, any musical, she is COMPLETLY capitvated. She will sit with out blinking for nearly 45 mins. Then decide she wants to get up but then the music catches her attention again and never gets more than 8 feet away from the tv. She LOVES music.
That's my girl!
6 comments:
Thats awesome! Hey well I bought fraggle rock for my boys and they never watched it. The only thing they like is Ninja Turtles & Whinnie the Pooh. So I left it at mom's house for you. I hope Lydia likes it.
SWEET! Well if Lydia dosent like it (which I think she will, she liked muppet treasure island) Mark will. he has been wanting fragle rock FOREVER! Thanks Ris!
eh it was on sale at target for $3 I couldn't pass it up. And I figured since we don't watch it, you're the First one in line to get it.
Sounds like Lydia and Hallie will get along, Hallie only watches shows that are mostly music.
Personall I prefer it. I'd rather have her watching musical than annoying cartoons anyway.
Yeah, that's MY girl ;) I'm glad she likes music, and doesn't need to be entertained with "mindless drivel"
Post a Comment