So this is my latest finished project. I made it for my friend Manami who got married in Feb. And it's taken me a LOT longer than I expected to finish it. I spend about 10 to 12 hours total on that mirror. 6 of thoes were actual etching, the rest was drawing and tracing and re drawing and centering. But as anything you can't see the detail very well in the picture. I wanted to make it a little more personal for her and so since Manami is Japanese, I put the Japanese Charecters for Eternity (on the left) and Love (on the right). I worked really hard on it to get everything centered and symetrical and unless I point out to you it's flaws you most likely wont even notice them. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. And I wont do another one unless a very close friend is getting married, or if I get paid. :) It was fun though, just takes a while.
6 comments:
Holy WOW, Sarah! That is incredible.
You know, I consider you and I very close friends. AND, I just happen to be getting married. To your brother, in fact. Who ALSO happens to be your very close friend.....
Sheri, for you, I'd do anything
that's crazy go nuts
Sarah you're so stinkin awesome! I wish I had time to do that kind of stuff. I barley have time to get the scrapbooking done that I need. (and since I've had kids the scrapbooking has doubled.
That turned out really nice. Are you going to do something like that for your home?
eventually I will. but it's different doing stuff for your self. It's not as fun, I might nto do as good of a job. Or I might never decide what I really want.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're freaking awesome!!
Post a Comment