Saturday, April 12, 2008

From Hardly sleeping, to sleeping hard

so about 2 weeks ago Mark came home and was telling me that he found out that if you turn your clock around when you sleep so you can't see it, you sleep better. WHAT? how? He said that you subconsiously wake up and look at the clock and if you turn it around you wont do that any more. well I didnt think it woudl work, but I said I've give it a try. And about 2 weeks later I can definately say it has worked for us. Weird, I know. Try it.

9 comments:

Guera! said...

I sometimes through a t-shirt over my alarm clock or block the view and it does work! I think my fear is that the alarm clock won't go off if I can't see it. Silly, true but such is the mind of someone who hates to be late anywhere.

Guera! said...

my brain doesn't always coordinate with my typing....one moves too fast for the other and it's a guess that my brain is the slow one..However, I meant THROW not through. Don't you wish you could go back and edit comments you leave?

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

If its any consolation...I didn't notice the spelling error.

We'll have to try that out and see if mike sleeps any better. he only gets about 5-6 hours.

Shelly said...

Yeah, i keep mine covered as well. Also dark heavy curtains work WONDERS! We never thought we had trouble sleeping at night until we got the curtains when adam was working graveyards and sleeping in the light of day. Now even at night we can't have ANY light, from the windows, or alarm clocks, baby monitors, etc. You wouldn't believe the difference! Glad you're sleeping better!

Sheri said...

I'm not so sure that would work for me. It might actually drive me crazy not to know what time it is when I wake up a million times at night with the baby. Yes, I know it would drive me nuts. Maybe after the baby actually sleeps for longer stretches I will try it.

Sarah said...

I hate not knowing what time it is too. I think it would have bugged me when Lydia was waking up all the time, but now that she sleeps through the night, it's nice.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Haha I tried to do this last night, and I didn't sleep well at all. All night I was having dreams of me trying to figure out what time it was. It drove my sub-conscience CRAZY!

Sarah said...

ha ha ha, I was afraid that was goign to happen to me. I HATE not knowing what time it is

Mark said...

give it some time riss it takes your brain like a week to relax about the idea. keep trying.