Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cincinnati!!!--Day 1 and 2



I took my kids to Cincinnati last week for a little reunion with some of my friends from BYU-I. We haven't all been together in 7 years since; Tami lives in Washington state, D lives in Virgina, Cassie lives in Ohio, and I live in MO. Makes it hard for a get-together.
We started planning this trip like 6 months ago, and it seemed like it'd NEVER get here, but it DID...finally. We chose Cassie's house cause it was the most "central" location.
The drive there, not bad. Would have been impossible with out Nancyann though. It was about a 9 hour drive, 10 with stops.Everyone was already there when I got there (the longest part of the trip was that last hour) They were all across the street at the park eating White Castle...Tami LOVES white castle :) The park was a little chilly, but the kids didn't care. Lydia found her Best Friends Hallie and Kennie. (Cassie's kids) later that day we went for a walk, and went to the dairy bar by that point Danton was less then happy...I think we had ice cream EVERY day (my kind of vacation). We got the kids in bed when we got back and stayed up talking and laughing (we laughed a lot last week), oh and we played some rock band too.
DAY 2 (Wednesday)My kids and Cassie's kids are on the same sleep schedule. Which is basically getting up FREAKIN early. They were all up by 7 (6 my time) every morning. So we waited for Nancyann, Tami and Gavinn, and D to wake up. Poor Tami and Gavinn. Gavinn is a late sleeper, and on top of THAT, they were 3 hours ahead of home.
So Anyway, Jeremy (Cassie's husband) had to work that day, so it was just the girls and kids. We went shopping at IKEA---cool store. PLUS they babysat your (potty trained) kids for an hour while you shop!!! That hour went by FAST!
Dropping kids off to play while we shop
Danton and Gavinn
After we picked up the kids and we were headed to the check out.
Then we went to Jungle Jim's. It's a CRAZY grocery store. With CRAZY bathrooms. Check this out, this is the bathroom:
Yes, it's inside. And yes, that is actually the bathroom...well the ENTRY to the bathroom anyway. It's bigger on the inside then it looks. :) It just looks like a normal bathroom once you get inside, stalls sinks, changing table and everything. IT was funny though.

They also have this one, for pictures:
Tami and Gavinn on the fancy potty:
The place was huge and had a TON of different kids of food, and decorations.
This is just outside the exit. Tami, D and Kennie.
Then we went back to Cassie's for dinner. She made Skyline Chili. It's from Cincinnati, and it's SUPER good. Spaghetti, skyline, cheese, onions. Yummo.
I took too long getting Danton food, he had to fend for him self...

This is Zachie, he is Cassie's
Hallie and Lydia, instant best friends
AND Kennie
Danton after he was done eating...I think I actually gave him food and didnt' make him just eat a plate...but honestly I don't' remember.
After dinner we went on another walk. And then a ways into it Lydia announced that she had to go potty. Which wasn't a big deal cause we were heading to Cassie's sister's house. Well we got there and no one was home, by this time Hallie had to go potty too. Luckily they were distracted enough that everyone made it back with out peeing their pants.
This is Cassie being super mom, pushing one in the stroller, one riding on her shoulders, one just hanging on, and one "helping" push.
Kids were all sleepy when we got back.
Gavinn and Zach

We stayed up a little latter that night, till like 1 or 1:30. EESH. I haven't done that in a while. But we couldn't help it. It was so fun talking and joking and reminiscing with out the distraction of the kids.
...to be continued...

2 comments:

The Ottley's said...

Great start! :)

Nancyann said...

hahahaha, I LOVE that picture of Danton and Gavin in the strollers at IKEA. Danton's making the best face ever! haha