DAY 3 (Thursday)Jeremy helped me get Danton dressed and ready to go for the day. It's nice to have willing help.
Danton didn't even say THANK YOU!!
He got his cup and he was fine.
We got all packed up and headed to the park/petting zoo. Got all the kids out, and the strollers up....
Nope hang on, we aren't quiet ready yet
We let the kids play
While we sat and watched them, and chatted a bit
And stayed hydrated...
Danton was done playing before the other kids, cause while he was trying to climb the chain ladder thing he slipped, and basically was hanging upside down by his knees. I didn't actually see it, I was taking kids to the potty, but I did hear him scream...that pretty much the same as seeing it right?
So then we walked across the park to the petting zoo. They had the cutest animals there:

And LOOK!!! They have Chickens just like Great Grandpa Adams!!
I'm almost positive she wanted to give the poor chicken a kiss
HEEEERE chick-chick-chick!
Kennie likes the chickens too
...oops...They also had goats...


And horses...can't you see the horses? ...well you could SMELL them!
And Llamas
Then we went down the street to another park, got some ice cream, and some cold drinks and we went for a walk around the lake. The kids rode bikes...kind of...and D and Tami took a picture...
Then we went back to Cassie's for Dinner. BBQ chicken, burgers and dogs, oh yeah, we ate gooood.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on here...
Ok Ladies correct me if I'm wrong, but Cassie's sister came over that evening and her 6 (?) year old son drew this picture of his dream (?) about getting sucked into a tornado.Ok, so maybe you had to be there, but we didn't erase it for a day or so, we all thought it was pretty funny.
DAY 4 (Friday)I'm not sure if it was Friday morning or Thursday evening, but at one point Lydia was playing out side with Hallie and she comes into the kitchen and says to me (very casually) "Mom, I pooped" Yep, she sure did...IN HER PANTS!!!! Oh can I TELL you how HAPPY that made me?!?!?! grrrrrr. If there was one thing I learned about Lydia on this trip it is how LONG she can hold it. I'll explain better when I talk about our trip home. She was just busy playing and didn't want to come inside, so she just pooped in her pants. Well when you poop in your pants you get all messy and we have to clean you up. SHOWER IT IS!!! (She is mortified of showers.) Don't worry, this time I at least warmed up the water first. :)
I may have given her a cold one if I didn't have to stick my arms in there to soap her and rinse her. I was just that thrilled with her.
So we finish the shower and wrap in the towel and walk up the stairs to get her some clean clothes and Lydia says cheerfully "I LIKE showers" ha ha ha trying to convince her self that it wasn't' that bad.
So anyway the kids rocked it out again....

And we headed to the zoo once every one was up and moving.
But I think we will stop here today. I have lots of zoo pictures, and this post is already pretty long.
We did TONS of stuff, it's no wonder we were all so exhausted by the time it was over. We did all that WITH 6 little kids.
...to be continued...
1 comment:
how fun! it's fun to see the picture of you guys with strollers. last picture i remember of you guys are when we went camping. and there were no strollers there! and it's so great that you can still have fun when you are old! well, i guess you guys are still young! haha!
Post a Comment