Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cincinnati--Final Chapter...I swear

So Friday night we ended up staying up later then any of us thought we would. We were up till 4 in the morning having some ...interesting conversations...and once again laughing a lot. I kept looking at the clock thinking "I'm going to DIE in the morning" and "I'm going to make Nancyann get up with the kids so I can sleep" Nancyann only kind of stayed up, she fell asleep on the couch EARLY and slept till we all went to bed, then she came up stairs and went to bed too.
But lucky for me I was wrong about both. I did only get 3 hours of sleep, but in fact I didn't die. Much to my delight. I did doze on the couch while watching the kids in the morning though, like I do at home when I don't get enough sleep.
ANYWAY, Saturday DAY 5
Once we all got up and got moving, bright and early (which is was really neither of those, cause it was raining AND we stayed up late) we went out for lunch.
RED SQUIRREL.
And Danton was helping me out by clearing off the table. Tami caught my close call...I think he pushed my camera off and I caught it with my cat-like reflexes.

Then Jeremy took his kids home for naps, and the rest of us went to The Gap Outlet. That was fun, I got a pair of jeans, a skirt, and 2 shirts for $23...I can barely get ONE pair of jeans for that much. Then we took ALL the kids back to Cassie's and waited for the babysitter.
That's right, NO KIDS ALOUD. Nancyann ended up hooking up with Paula who is stationed about an hour away from Cincy, and she stayed the night there.
So it was the 4 of us girls and Jeremy.
Shout out to Jeremy! He was great. For nearly a week he put up with 5 women and 6 children/babies. Told us great stories from work, grilled for us out side, put up with a little abuse, and didn't seem to get sick of us. Way to go!
So we wanted to get a group picture. Here we go, everybody SMILE!

OP! Nope, missed one, lets try again. Ready ONE...TWO...THREE!

Man, getting a whole group together at the same time is hard. Ok, This one's for Tami...SMILE!

HEY!!! We did it!
...Twice:

Then Back to Cassie's for the last night. (and their garage for little people)
It turned out to be a good thing that we all stayed up so late Friday night cause we were too exhausted to stay up too late Saturday. I think we were all in bed before midnight.

The drive home was not too bad. Danton had a nice dose of meds for his fever before we left and he slept a lot of the way. Lydia I learned can hold it for a LOOONG time. She had an urgency in her voice about 15 mins after our last stop, and we were only 2 hours from home. I was NOT stopping again. We offered her a diaper, she put it on but REFUSED to go in it. So she held it for 2 more hours. (which makes the whole pooping in her pants all that much more annoying)

So I had an AWESOME week with 3 of my favorite friends. I think we all agreed that 7 years was too long. We need to do it again in another 2 or 3 years. These ladies are hilarious!
TAMI

D


And CASSIE
Ladies, you are welcome at my house any time!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm glad you had so much fun. And I'm glad your kids were good. :) I don't think I could do a trip like that with my kids and no husband. It would be HARD.

Lildonbro said...

Ha! That garage picture is RIGHT before Jeremy hit the switch or something cause it scared me close to death!!
Close to death? What?
Anyway, yeah, sooner then seven years please :)