Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Dollar Store---not what you think

So we went to Silver Dollar City several weeks ago with my parents, siblings and kids. It was the first time my kids had ever been and they were impressed with the bus ride from the parking lot to the front gate. It rained ALL day everyone was a little wet and a little cold. In retrospect we really didn't do a whole lot that day. Watched a few street shows in passing, went on the train, had lunch. Mostly just walking and spending time with family. It was a FUN day though.
Anyway, to my point. We DID get to take the little kids on one ride. Fire in the Hole is the only indoor ride so it operates pretty much all year round, rain or shine. It's a dark ride, you ride past several scenes of a little town , and toward the end it appears to be on fire. Then you drop down 3 hills, one to avoid an on coming train. And they say "FIRE IN THE HOLE" as you go down.
Lydia met the height requirements for this ride, so we took her on it, prepping her before telling her it's just a ride,and it's all pretend.
She STILL talks about it all the time. "We go to the Dollar Store, and they have Fire in the Hole, and it's SCARY! We go down the hills and I covered my eyed and Grandpa covered my head, and Mommy grabbed my hand. But it's all pretend" and "I went on Fire in the Hole, there is lots of fire, but not any holes" and 'Lydia, do you like fire in the hole?' "YEAH! I like fire in the hole" 'do you want to go on it again?' "No, it's scary. " and just randomly " Fire in the hole! -say it louder!- FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!"
She is now telling me about it.
"We ate at the dollar store, and we wait for the train
We go on fire in the hole and it's a big ride, and it's a scary ride, and I don't like it cause it's scary , and I don't like it either
You go on fire in the hole and that was NOISY. There was a noisy train and it says CHOO CHOO. And the guy that's whistling like that he says choo choo, and he can pull on the Handel and say choo choo and go faster.
And the guy shoot the guy, and he was naughty. He shoot the guy and it was funny. It was a loud gun, and he shoot the people."
ha ha ha I think I caught most of that. She was talking fast I missed a few lines, but after fire in the hole we went on the train and that is what she was telling me about. They had a staged robbery they she LOVED.
She can't wait to go back to the Dollar Store.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Hahahaha! That's seriously too funny. Your kids are way too stinking cute, I wish I could have been there at the Dollar Store with you guys :-D

Tracie said...

I want to go to the Dollar Store and ride Fire in the Hole too!