Wednesday, July 8, 2009

bike trailer booster seat...yep that's right

We had our Adams Reunion this weekend at grandmas house, I'll post pictures soon. I'm getting a TON from Rissy, the ones I took on my camera aren't that great. So when I get the other pictures I"ll post about the reunion. These pictures are from last week. The last day James and Kelli were our neighbors :( Ethan and Aleen came up stairs to my house for naps while James and Kelli kept working. Aleena didn't really take a nap, but she was a good girl. She got up after an hour and played with Lydia.

I also took Lydia and Danton for a bike ride. This was Danton's first bike ride. He is actually too small to ride in the trailer. Kids aren't suppose to ride till at least 18 months. They need to be able to sit up on their own and be big enough for the buckles. Well, there is no point in having a bike trailer if BOTH of my kids can't ride in it. I already have a bike seat Lydia could have used by her self. So I made a booster seat for Danton. This was our first test run.

Danton liked it just fine, but by the end of the ride he had scooted close to Lydia and she was not enjoying it so much.

since then I have made a few adjustments. I made it out of 1 inch thick foam and I cut pieces and glued them together till I had the right shape then I made a cover for it with Velcro to attach it to the strap that holds the shoulder straps down. Well I added a seat belt to keep Danton from slipping forward like he did in the picture, and I took the foam out and carved it to fit him a little better.
We went for a walk last night and it worked a lot better. the only problems we had was Danton pulled Lydia's hair a couple times, but no problems with the seating.

5 comments:

Chelsi said...

Nice work! You're so handy :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

hahaha I dont think you can fix the hair pulling problem. Lol. hes a boy.

Jon and Annalisa said...

You are amazing and can build anything! I'm really glad you got a little bike trailer so you can go on adventures.

The Ottley's said...

Hey! It's time to update your header picture or Danton will feel left out! :)
Looking out for your kids,
Tami

Sarah said...

Yeah we actually took family pictures last weekend, but I left them at my parents house, so as soon as I get them back, everything will be updated.