Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You threw off my groove...

It's time to go grocery shopping again, and we need a few things, like diapers and Tylenol. Since mark is in school it doesn't leave much time for me to go do the shopping we need. When I need to go to the store I wait till everyone is in bed, other wise I'd never see Mark at all. So yesterday was shopping day. Kids went to bed at 8 and I should have left then, but I still wanted to finish folding the laundry...if I didn't do it then It wouldnt get done till I did laundry again. and I needed to make a list. And we were watching tv and I was distracted. So we read scriptures and off I go to Wal mart at 9:15. I'm usually asleep by 10.
Driving there was nice. no time limit, just do what I need to do. So first things first. I got all my non food items first. Diapers, socks, Tylenol, etc. Then off to the grocery section. Then it HITS me. Did I bring my wallet? I check my back pack, not there, check my pockets...oh wait these shorts don't have pockets...DARNIT! I left my wallet at home. Well for get it. It was 9:45 I wasn't going to drive home to get it and go back to Wal Mart and start all over again. So I put everything back where I got it and I went to go find another item that I wasnt' even sure if wal mart had. I figure if I find it now I can just go grab it next time I"m here. They don't' have it, I was looking for flat tooth picks...if you were wondering.
But during my search I realize I had my check book, AND my WIC folder, so I didn't have to leave empty handed. So I go back grab my cart and fill it back up. Then I stop and find the correct WIC checks. I had grabbed a few things but as I went to look to make sure I was getting all the right stuff, POOF the checks were GONE. Oh no. so I retrace my steps and finally find them again. Ok, so my brain is getting frazzled and things are taking longer than normal.
FINALLY I make it to the check out line. I had 3 WIC checks. first one rings up, no prob. Second one problem. I had next months check, not this months. oops. So I find the correct date, but the food list is slightly different. I was missing a few things, so we figured after I was done I would go back and grab them. She just rang up the stuff twice, like my eggs and juice, I was just missing one of each. ok, got that one figured out. Last check. wrong date again. Ok. I feel like a dork. the line behind me is growing. we figure it out eventually and finally get things squared away. whew. now on to my non food items. Everything is bagged and in the cart I write my check she runs it through and turns to me and asks for my ID. UGGG. No I left my wallet at home, that's why I had to use a check. Do you know your ID number? ha ha ha you are funny. NO I don't know I ID number. so she says, do you want to leave it here and come back with you ID? What? No. I'm tired. so I unload the stuff from my cart run back and get my eggs, feeling rather...I don't know. I was just tired and sick of running into problems. finally I get back to my cart and out to my car. BAH.
I thought the crazies were through but I open the door and I hear Danton Crying So I leave the groceries on my kitchen floor and take care of him. I was up for about 30 so I turned on the tv thinking he was gonna start playing. Lucky for me he didn't. IT took him about 15 mins but he fell back asleep. I put everything away and get ready for bed and crawl in and get comfortable. CRASH!!! Lydia fell out of bed. Wow, really? So I got up adn helped her, she was fine. I think she would have just slept on the floor.
I think my class on Sunday threw off my groove. But I guess if Life didn't' get crazy at times we wouldn't appreciate the good times as much. I'm looking forward to the reunion this weekend. I guarantee I'll really appreciate those good times. :)

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm sorry about your groove. What a sucky shopping trip. Will I get to see you tomorrow?

Sarah said...

sadly no. I wont be to Willard till Friday. I would like to, but one car makes things hard. :) You can always come out to see me. :)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Ick. I HATE when I do that. So sometimes I'll leave my wallet in the car. it just makes it a little easier. And one day you wont have to deal with the stupid WIC checks either. It is all worth it! see you in a few days!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Okay, sorry but that trip to the store sounds miserable, no matter WHAT time of the day it would be!! That's awful. I think I might've just quit......except the looming fact that you STILL would have to go back and do it all over again.

Chelsi said...

Grocery shopping... not my favorite thing. I put it off until the last minute every time and I don't even have 2 kids yet! Sounds like a hassle, but glad you got through it.

Lildonbro said...

Crazy story!! If I were living it I would have cried in frustration, but luckily I was just reading and laughing - the kind of laugh when you read it and say, "yeah, I've had one of those days" not exactly the same, but one where things keep going wrong or coming up.
Glad you survived!!

Sarah said...

I tried the wal mart thing again yesterday. I went at 7, took Danton (who slept almost the whoel time and got oo's and ahh's the whole trip from nearly everyoen we passed) I remembered my wallet, and got tons of stuff and lots of yummy groceries. :)
My Wal Mart trips has been redeemed. :)