My mom has had this bowl FOREVER. And YES, we actually called it the Barf Bowl. Every time we got sick this was the bowl that stood by our side to catch our out pourings. ...It was also the pop corn bowl. But don't worry it was cleaned.
Well when I moved out of the house it came with the batch of miss matched dishes that I got from my mom. I still use it, all the time actually. The handle and spout prove to come in very handy. Espicially when your daughter comes in to the kitchen and says "owie" a couple time sand then pukes all over the kitchen floor. I knew more was coming and guess what the first thing I grabbed was. That's right the Barf Bowl. Not because that is what I remember using it for, but cause it was the closest thing that was big enough.
That was Thursday morning. And she was fine the rest of the day, which was good cause we had invited our friends over Friday night for dinner. Well after dinner Lydia was saying her tummy hurt, so Daddy was offering her some food and when she turned down a cookie that's when we knew something was wrong. And sure enough a few mins later as she was sitting on the couch, Lydia was not eating cookies, but she was BLOWING cookies. Daddy ran to the kitchen and snatched our trusty barf bowl (which had been freshly cleaned) but it was a little too late. It ended up being the caddy for the soiled clothing as I stripped her down to take a bath. This time however I was not so lucky to have a kitchen floor to catch what the bowl misses, the couch caught it. But I guess it is easier to wash couch cushions then the carpet.
5 comments:
Aren't traditions great!
Oh Sarah, I hear ya! EVERYONE here, BUT ME mind you, got the yucky pucky sick last Sat night, and lasted through til Tuesday. (lucky me, I got to clean up after EVERYONE...such a horrid week, I wish I got sick too!) Anyway. Thought we were done, then last night.. GUESS WHAT!?? Another round for Rylan. We have no trusty barf bowl though. Around here we use old icecream buckets. The only bad thing for us last week though is that we had one bucket and 4 people puking! I must say though, my family knows how to share! (either that or they are afraid of what will happen if they don't share and someone misses the bucket...) I learned towels transform well into blankets when everything is in the wash; No amount of steam cleaning the carpets REALLY gets all the smell out; and laundry is the bane of my existence! Keep those towels (and your barf bowl) handy!! good luck!
I remember that bowl! What memories. Well I'm glad you caught the yuck one time, and sorry about the luck on the second time. I don't know I think I would take the carpet over the couch cushions, I had shoving them back in the covers but that's just me.
Poor little Lydia! And poor mommy and daddy. My kids have been sick this week too, but not with barf, and I am so grateful. Just fevers and colds.
I like that the barf bowl is the color of barf. What a coincidence!
...maybe that's cause it's been barfed in so many times :)
Post a Comment