Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SUCCESS!!

I prepared my self mentally before I started this yesterday. Lydia has been going potty on the toilet off and on for over a year now, and I have decided it was time to crack down. Last week I made her 3 charts. Pee on the Potty, Poop on the Potty, and Dry Diaper. When she did one she put a sticker on and at the bottem of each column was a row of stars, once she gets to the row of stars she gets a special prize.
Mark and I have heard of this book called Potty training boot camp that we have wanted to buy, well I went searching for it online yesterday and I came across a blog that briefed the book. Basically you just go cold turkey. So after preparing my self yesterday morning, we took Lydia's diaper off and put her in her big girl underwear. That was around 9. She was very excited about wearing bit girl underwares.

She wanted a picture with the frog too.

Well things went better than expected. She had a little accident around noonish when we went to play with Aleena, but it was just a little dribble, nothing escaped the underwears. Came home, took a nap, when she woke up she was dry. HORAY! So she went potty, and THEN she went POOP On the potty. This is big folks. The last few months she has been pooping when she is suppose to be in her room sleeping. I just knew I was going to have to clean poop out of her underwears. So she got to have chocolate and wear her pretty dress, and we checked the mail and put stickers on her chart and Called Grandpa, and all sorts of fun. And of course she had to take a picture...with the frog.

Well after Daddy got home she got her last sticker on her first row of the pee on the potty chart, and since she did so good ALL day and we didn't' have anything for the special surprise Mommy took Lydia for a special trip to Dollar General. I grabbed a few things so we coudl be ready fro the next big surprise, and she got to have a fishing pole to go fishing with Daddy and Papa. She has played with that cheap thing NON STOP since she got it.She loves it.

Today she was even hooking her lip "Mom, I hooked! A hook a Lydia"

Today has been just as successful. First thing this morning we went straight to the potty. She went pee and I asked her if she was done, she said no. And sure enough after another 10 mins, poop on the potty again! I was over joyed. Who knew poop could make me so happy.
We have had 2 accidents today. Once she was watching tv and she started to go pee, and we got a little on the floor, and she stopped mid stream and said she needed to go potty. Now yesterday when she had an accident we were down stairs so she had tp put her wet underwear back on to go up stairs. She did not like it, I said it's yucky huh.
So today I sent her walking to the bathroom and she told me the floor was messy, and then sat on the potty. then she finished going potty. That made me happy that she stopped her self. Then she had an accident at lunch time as well. I was in teh kitchen cooking lunch and she said she needed to go potty and I looked down and she was wet. So I helped her walk to the bathroom, and she was walking kinda funny. She still had to go, she was trying to hold it.
She has told me a couple times today that she needed to go, yesterday she didn't tell em at all I just took her. So we are seeing big steps happen really fast.
We only have 3 pairs of underwears though, We will have to get more soon. Till then I'll just be washing underwear every day. :)
Oh one more thing. I cleaned up the pee spot then paid baking soda on top to kill the smell, and I set a towel on top of that to keep it contained will I could vacuum. Well Lydia moved teh towel and said
"A Snowman Mom! Look a snowman!"
it made me laugh, and she wouldn' share her chocolate with the imaginary person she was playing with either. She is such a funny girl.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Hooray for success! The "Cold Turkey Crackdown" is what finally worked for us, too. One day, mommy had had enough, and that was that.