Someone can explain humidity to you, but until you expirence it, you will never understand. And actually to FULLY understand, you have to expirence dry air too. In Idaho I HATED folding laundry cause the clothes sucked all the moisture out of my already dry hands. Here, it feels like you clothes need another 20 minuets in the dryer.
It's changed my hair too. Before we move I was noticing how my hair was straighter than it use to be, and now that we are back in humidity every day my hair is twice as curly as it was before. And twice as frizzy too.
It makes a difference in the car too. Our AC broke a couple years ago in the car. We have the stuff to fix it now cause the humidity makes it almost unbearable, where in Idaho it sucks not having AC in your car, but it's not too bad. We went with out for 2 summers.
It's amazing what you can forget in 2 years.
3 comments:
welcome back to the wonderful world of Midwest. At bookclub the other night they were actually complaing because it wasn't hot enough. I hope today they got their fill and remembered what it actually feels like. I am sticking to everything, it's so gross.
not hot enough? what kind of crazies said that? leave the AC off in your car for an afternoon, they'll be singing a different tune.
I agree...not hot enough? That's like living in Rexburg and saying you wished your nose hairs would freeze faster when you stepped outside.
It's not so bad here, I mean, people complain that it is SO hot. But actually it's pretty mild. Today is going to get to the 80's and I'm content. I think those who think it's already hot outside are in for a treat by mid-July/August I'm just trying to keep in mind that it could be hotter :)
I do hate humidity though, my hair will look okay until I get outside, I miss how that didn't happen to me in Idaho.
Post a Comment