They LOVE them. Since then they have used them for a: guitar, banjo, lawn mower, vacuum, people, power tools, ramps, some sort of vehicle to ride on, a car to push...ect.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Toy guitars
2 more projects off my list! Danton loves to play the banjo, in fact he uses everything as a banjo. Mostly the blinds to the sliding back door, and Lydia's kitchen pots. I decided he needed his own that he could play cause he loved playing my little cookie tin banjo, but he is always turning the tuning pegs....very annoying. So I found a cool car hood shaped tin at the thrift store for 29c (yeah, can't beat that) and I had a scrap of 2x4 to use for the neck. Then I realized it wasn't fair to just make one for Danton and not one for Lydia, so we started looking at pictures to see what she wanted. She picked a heart guitar. So I ripped the 2x4 down the middle and I now had enough for 2 guitars/banjos. I just cut a heart out of a piece of scrap (I love scrap!) Cut everything out with my jig saw, and routed the corners smooth, spray painted the heart and then put them together yesterday.
They LOVE them. Since then they have used them for a: guitar, banjo, lawn mower, vacuum, people, power tools, ramps, some sort of vehicle to ride on, a car to push...ect.



They LOVE them. Since then they have used them for a: guitar, banjo, lawn mower, vacuum, people, power tools, ramps, some sort of vehicle to ride on, a car to push...ect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are rockin awesome! Sounds like they were pretty cheap to make too. I may steal that idea in the future ;)
Hahaha, such creative children. :) "Hmm, I have no banjo, so I'll use the blinds for one. Oh wait, I have my own banjo now! So let's use it as a lawn mower instead!" :P haha
Oh my gosh! You are AMAZING! I am very impressed! I need to learn about these router saws! Very impressive girl!
Post a Comment