I tried it again this morning. Only it was Phineas and Ferb, his 2nd favorite show, however he only sometimes will sit through an entire episode. And I did not set the timer on my phone. I got out of the shower and I didn't hear any fighting, but I didn't hear the TV either.
"Oh great" I thought "what kind of a mess am I going to find when I get out of here?"
Just as I was almost done in the bathroom I hear Lydia calling for me. She was trying to tell me what Danton was doing, but I thought she said something about the mail box. I thought he went out side. Annoying, but I can deal with that. I came out to find the door still shut, and BOTH kids in the living room.
So what did he-----And then I noticed the floor. sliced green onions all over the floor. GRRRRR. See I buy the little yogurt containers and reuse them for snacks and such, we put rasins in one and brought it for the church snack yesterday. Danton LOVES rasins. So when he found the yogurt container in the fridge he figured that's what it was. NOPE, sorry son.
Then I noticed a brown thick liquid spilled on the carper. GREAT!!!! BBQ sauce??? NOPE, SYRUP!!!!!!! GAH! And it's on the COUCH. (I have caught him trying to drink the syrup on more then one occasion. And he asks me to put it on EVERYTHING)
And then I notice the white powder. BAH!!!! Parmesan Cheese (which my kids call Stinky cheese) Can't even tell you how many times he has gotten into the Stinky cheese and dumped it out. The mess doesn't bug em so much it vacuums easily, it's the fact that he wastes it.
Green onions, maple syrup, and stinky cheese all over the floor and couches. YAY.
It's just a mess, it only took about 5-10 mins to get it all cleaned up. The syrup was not so bad to clean up actually.
The stinky cheese will now live in the freezer (thanks Mom for the suggestion...should have done it THAT day), the Syrup will now live in the Pantry which the door has a child lock on. And I am now willing to pay good money for a fridge lock that is Danton proof....I don't even think they make one.
I sure love my Danton, but that's what I get for praying for patience..... :) That kid is a PRO at getting into things and making messes. Heaven Help me when I'm tied down to a new baby.
7 comments:
My carpet cleaner is just a call away.
Oh wow!! He went crazy! I love the mention of the cheese, cause I thought he was going to get into that again (and he did!) I told my friend at work all about him eating it off the floor!
good grief...that sounds like a day for pizza if there ever was one. Guess what? I actually found out that they make fridge locks. As in metal bars that screw into your fridge and then you put a padlock through them together while the door is shut. With gavin...I've been really REALLY close to actually buying it. My only setback....I just KNOW I'd loose the key.
if it was MY fridge, TOTALLY would do that, but it came with the rental.
They make magnetic child locks for refrigerators. Melissa had one when Chase was a little baby cuz he was obsessed with getting himself milk. Check around the stores. Or online. :)
you can find all kinds of locks for the fridge at target or walmart even we had to get one for matt when we lived in hilton head cause we had one of those little half size fridges in the hotels and it was on the floor matt would always get in adn i'd come out of the shower with strawberries or yogurt all over, he did figure out how to open it but but we couldnt put it up high out of reach, but it worked well cause it wasnt hard to open for us;)
you can find all kinds of locks for the fridge at target or walmart even we had to get one for matt when we lived in hilton head cause we had one of those little half size fridges in the hotels and it was on the floor matt would always get in adn i'd come out of the shower with strawberries or yogurt all over, he did figure out how to open it but but we couldnt put it up high out of reach, but it worked well cause it wasnt hard to open for us;)
Post a Comment