Saturday Night was a much needed Date Night. (by both of us) The kids went over to Granny and Papa's house (which Lydia told me this morning that I needed to go on another date so they could go back to Granny and Papa's)
The original plans that we had made did not work out at ALL. So we went to bass Pro, then drove around for 3o mins till we found a good place to eat that didn't' have an hour long line. We went to Wal Mart, after. I had a good time. mostly cause when we go on dates we get to relax and be silly cause we don't have to pay attention to the kids.
Yesterday morning before church I was finishing Lydia's cake and straightening up the House for her birthday party, she comes in and says
"Mom, I'm riding a horsey!"
Yesterday we celebrated Lydia's birthday. After church I made pizza (cause that is what Lydia wanted for her birthday) and then James and Kelli came over. Lydia was so excited to have Ethan and Aleena come to our "new" house to play. The kids weren't interested in eating they played up stairs while we ate, then we did cake and presents.
Lydia's birthday cake. A Cinderella and a castle. I'm no professional but for a 3 year old she thought it was pretty awesome. I only used one cake mix, and one bag of marshmallows for the fondant. (the roses are starbursts, and I don't know if you can see it but I did a stone walk way with pieces of a cookies n cream bar with pink "cement" cause Lydia requested Pink be on her cake)
Mark wanted to do a Super bowl party yesterday we invited 3 families, James and Kelli had to leave after the birthday party cause kids were getting cranky, and our other friends had a sick baby, so it was just us and one other family. Lydia had someone to play with and we all just chatted and ate yummy food and hung out till about 7 when they had to leave to put kids in bed.
Mark made some AWESOME wings on the grill, and we had a big sub sandwich, and chips and dip. It was simple and mostly quiet and fun.
5 comments:
Holy awesome cake! I love it. How did you make fondant out of marshmallows?
Happy Birthday Lydia! I can't believe how big she is.
melt the marshmallows (like making rice crispies only with out the butter) then dump them on a big pile of sifted powdered sugar and you just knead it in the sugar till it's the consistency of play dough. you can watch a video of it on you tube. it can be frustrating to roll out if there is not enough sugar in the dough or under it. :)
LOVE IT! ALL OF IT! We totally forgot yesterday was the superbowl. Meah whatever. If I were to do a party, I think we'd end up inviting one family over, and playing games and eating sandwiches. Nice and Simple. Sounds like a good day.
Happy Birthday Lydia!
Too cute (the girl and the cake :0
Awesome cake, Sarah! Cookies 'n Cream path--genius! Starburst roses--gorgeous! And I can see why that bear has to stay in their room! I'd be tripping over that thing left and right!
Happy Birthday Lydia!
Post a Comment