Thursday, February 4, 2010

Someday the Spring will come....

On Tuesday I was in the kitchen getting it cleaned up while Danton was taking a nap. Lydia was playing really good in the living room for me. ...or at least I thought she was. When I turned around to check on her I saw her with her crayon. Which I knew she had, she got some for Christmas and LOVES to color. But she was not coloring in her book or on paper, she was coloring on the table for the key board. I was NOT happy (but I didn't yell...at all)I had her pick up her crayons to give to me and I was going to have her clean up her own mess. then I noticed the crayon all over Danton rocking horse (under the table) then all over the key board...WOW Lydia you really out did your self, no REALLY. We were putting them all in the box to put away for a week or two then I saw the window seal. So I decided that not only was she going to clean up her mess, but she was going to have to throw away her crayons (which oddly enough didn't even bother her) (....she has been doing that when she gets in trouble lately, the punishment doesn't seem to bother her at the time, but that is for a whole other post) anyway she was working on cleaning when Daddy came home, Daddy for even more on the ball. So along with no more crayons and cleaning her mess, Lydia now has chores she has to do every day (like making her bed, dusting, folding towels, simple stuff like that) I was proud of my self for not totally loosing it (which I have been prone to do this week, I'm going a bit stir crazy)
Which brings me to yesterday. I was way cranky yesterday, I'd get mad at little things, I have a bad case of Spring Fever. So I decided after Danton woke up to get out. I took the kids to Burger King with an indoor play area. (first time I ate fast food in probably 3 years....now I remember why I have a strict no fast food policy, bleck.
I forgot about the BK crowns. They were ALL OVER the place, Lydia's eyes just lit up when she saw them. Over the course of lunch she had grabbed a bout 6. We finished our "food" then went to play. Danton just walked around, and Lydia played with the other kids that were there for about an hour.
Boy it did us all a lot of good. Came home and the kids took naps. Lydia doesn't take naps every day so we just have quiet time and I put on a movie or the food net work or the country music channel (interesting enough to hold Lydia's attention, but not so interesting that she forces her self to stay awake to watch it (like Mary Poppins) yesterday it was the food network that did it for us. I told you about the present that Aunt Ann and Abby brought over for the kids Birthdays last week. Well it's a big teddy bear.
Just to compare, that was not the big bear, that was the really big bear we got for Danton for Christmas which he LOVES to wrestle......THIS is the new bear.
His new home is the rocking chair in the kids room. He is not allowed to leave their room.
HE is freakin 5 feet tall. And they have a good time with it.

4 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

good grief! That thing is huge! And Way to go Mom for not blowing your cool... especially when you havent been out of the house for a while. Crayon is REALLY had to clean up off of fabric so at least she didnt draw on your couch.

Lildonbro said...

That bear is huge!!!
I'm glad that you didn't yell. Sounds like she got crayon ALL over the place!

Sarah said...

Yes crayon was everywhere, she has to clean it all up...it's going to take her a couple weeks probably.
I also forgot to mention Danton mastered the juice box at BK. He LOVED it. (but don't tell Lydia he was drinking from her drink) :)

Keith said...

I think my favorite picture is the last one where Lydia is eating one of her toys while sitting on the bear.