Monday, February 15, 2010

Danton's First....

Friday was Danton's First Birthday. Saturday was Danton's first hair cut (kind of. He has had a trim before, but I actually cut all of it) And Sunday was Danton's first Birthday Party.
Before I get into that I wanted to show you what I got for Valentines day. :) :) :)I was so excited. I'm going to get 2 big pots for them and put them on either side of my front door. I have been trying to figure out how to make the front of our apt look better, and I think these will do the trick! Thanks Mark!!!

On to the Hair cut. He did great. I gave him a sucker and sat him on the sink (then he scooted IN to the sink) He sat there the whole time. He never tried to grab the clippers, he just ate his sucker and played with the random things in front of him.

We tried to get a picture of the purple sucker slime all over him infused with the hair, but I don't know how well you can see it. I had the tub ready so when we were done off came the diaper and he went into the tub.
This is Danton's birthday cake. I decided to do rice crispies cause 1) I was sick of left over birthday cake. and 2) Danton has a milk allergy and rice crispies don't have any milk. It was really fun to make and it was much faster and easier than I thought it would be. I learned that they really need butter in them. The first batch I did I cut the butter out and they weren't chewy, kind of crumbly. (perfect for making rice crispy treat cereal) They stuck together great, but I like em chewy. So the next batch I added the butter (only cut it down from the recipe) and they were GREAT. Let me tell you that thing was SOLID.
The little head was Danton's smash cake.
From this angle you can even see the cute little monkey nose. ...awe...
Happy Birthday dear Danton....Happy Birthday to YOU! ...He didn't get the candle thing at all.
He liked his monkey head, he worked at it for a while. But he really didn't get much out of it.
This is his monkey hat that I made him. he needed something to keep his head warm after that hair cut. He wouldn't keep it on yesterday till I put it on him and held his hands down before we left for home. (It was WAY cold yesterday) When we got out side and he stayed warm I think he was fine with it. I was glad to see that it fit Lydia too cause that means he will be able to wear it for a while. (good thing too, the hat took long enough to make)
Have you caught the "theme" for his birthday. He was wearing his monkey shirt, he got a monkey book, a monkey cake, a monkey hat, and a huge slide he can CLIMB on...... anyone?

Ok, so I have a thing for monkeys. I'm not sure if it's cause they remind me of my children, or of my children remind me of them....nope, I think it's just that my children ARE monkeys. (they sound like them too)

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Adorable! All of it. Cake, hat, kid, haircut. SO fun. You are very gifted. Next time, invite me. :)

Nancyann said...

Holy goodness that hat is so stinkin cute!!!! And I'm with Sheri, you did awesome on all of it! Wish I was there to play with them... :( But I will see them this summer! :D

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

That monkey hat is seriously so cute! I agree with everyone else, You're AWESOME! Sometimes I wish I was as motivated as you to be crafty. But I dont know if I could make a hat look that good...or a rice crispy cake for that matter. AWESOMENESS!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

Sarah you're the most creative person I know. And the monkey hat....did you krochet that? If so I'm proud of you since I'm the one who taught you how!!

Hay and J said...

Sarah! I love that monkey cake/rice krispy treat! It is just adorable! You know my sister has always had an opsession for monkeys too! Good JOB!

Sarah said...

Heather, yes you can be proud, IT's all krochet. Just trial and error till I did something I liked then I put it all together.
Thank you everyone for thinking I'm awesome. Now I can't fit any of my shirts over my big head. :)

Lildonbro said...

I love monkeys!!! You have now been commissioned to make my next birthday cake :P (p.s. I love Rice Krispy treats too).

That cake was amazing, and the hat was too cute! Happy Birthday Danton!

Sarah said...

...can you have your next birthday say...end of april beginning of may? cause then I'll do it!