Saturday, February 13, 2010

Danton is 1...no longer a baby

Yesterday was Danton's first Birthday. We are going to celebrate his birthday tomorrow at Granny and Papa's house. Danton celebrated turning 1 this week by drawing blood almost every day.
Wednesday he fell off something and hit his head on something else (no I didn't see it, I just heard the scream) He has a nice bloody scab on the back of his head.
Thursday he used the giant bear as a step stool to climb on the little table I have in their room covering the vent so he doesn't keep pulling it off....well the table is not as effective as I'd like, AND it's right in front of the window. So it's very tempting to stand on....which he did. Then he fell. once again smacking his head, and this time biting his tong. Of course I was...other wise occupied and couldn't just run to the rescue, Lydia said his mouth was yucky. which informed me that he was in fact bleeding. I checked his lips gums, teeth, then he cried and stuck out his tong I saw the cut on the top and on the bottom. It looked more like a pin prick. So I gave him a Popsicle to stop any swelling and pain. ...it worked. I also noticed the blood stain on the carpet from the previous day.
Friday it was the cheese grater. He loved dangerous things. He likes my pizza forker (which now has a new home up in the cupboard, and he loves the pizza cutter, and the cheese grater. Well yesterday he grated his thumb...pretty good. once again didn't notice till he grabbed my arm and got blood on me, then I noticed the bit on the floor. ...Happy Birthday Son. I have a feeling this is going to be a regular thing in our house. Time to revamp the first aid kit. :)
For Danton's birthday His big present is a slide I got it a couple weeks ago and saved it for his birthday. Of course ti was too nasty to play out side, so I cleaned it up and brought it in side. best idea EVER!
Danton is such a monkey (that is kinda the theme for his birthday...I'll take pictures tomorrow to show you what I mean) But the slide went PERFECT. Now he has something to CLIMB on. He did a good job sharing with his sister.
You can see how HUGE it is to them.
I didn't know this but the slide is magical, and it's also a fairy...something or other. but to Danton it's a fort.
It kept them entertained for about an hour non stop, then for another hour or two after that.Then we put it up for the day. Lydia saw it this morning and as soon as Danton got up, we set the slide up again, and once again it has proven it's self to be "for a wise purchase."

4 comments:

Sheri said...

happy birthday Danton! That slide looks AWESOME!

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Wow...he's a distructo beast isnt he. Poor kid. Looks like you'll be needed at bit more than just bandaids when he gets older.

That slide is HUGE! usually they're a lot smaller than that. No wonder they loved it so much. Good purchase! And...the best part, it folds and goes in a closet. NEAT!

happy Birthday Danton!

zac and manami said...

what a week for danton... but he seems to be doing well (from the pictures) so i'm glad... and looks like he is walking pretty well too. how fun! i can see kellen getting hurt a lot... he is gonna be a busy one too, i think. and it is so hard to keep an eye on little one when you have to take care of other things...

ambychappy said...

We have a slide in our living room too. Remember the big yellow one you saw in our basement? We brought it upstairs and hang it over the couch. Hours of entertainment. My mom told my kids that they are spoiled and she doesn't know anybody else who has a slide in their living room...I guess she should meet your family.