Thursday, February 25, 2010

Before...and...After

Here is the pictures of my bed....not that it's very exciting...it just looks like a bed. But you wanted to see it, so
BEFORE: This is what we slept on for about 4 years (I recovered from 2 C-Sections with only this bed)AFTER:Weird how we got a new bed and it changed the look of the whole room... :)
Do you know how EASY it is to make the bed when it's waist high as opposed to ankle high? We make the bed almost EVERY DAY now, and pretty much the only time we ever made the bed before was when i washed the sheets.
We haven't even had the bed for a whole week yet but I love Love LOVE it. The more I sleep on it the more I love it. I don't toss and turn hardly at all at night. I guess the only bad thing about it is I now have realized how uncomfortable my couches are. Now that my back isn't stiff and sore and out of line all the time I notice the lack of support and comfort the my couches should be providing. ...The bed is spoiling me...BUT I'm ok with that :)

This is a picture of Lydia...we thought she was sleeping really cute. This is nap time now. Well we call it quiet time. The rule is We have to lay down on the couch and not sit up and not talk for an hour. If she lays down and is very quiet for 15 mins of watching "mommy's show" then we will watch Lydia's show.
What She doesn't know is if she lays still for 15 mins she will fall asleep, well usually. We have to watch a show that is mildly interesting, but not SO interesting that she forces her self to stay awake to watch, like Mary Poppins. I have found that the best quiet time shows are on the Food Network, and the Country Music Channel. :)

3 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

Hurray for a real bed! I for one am jealous of the sleep your getting. So are you guys thinking about getting a good couch, or some arm chairs?

Sarah said...

nope, but possibly a nice recliner

zac and manami said...

nice! it looks great! do you love it? and you probably love the storage space under neath too... (^_^) that reminds me... i need to get some of those containers that fits under our bed.
and lydia looks so cute! sleeping beauty... was there a prince that broke the spell by a kiss??? j/k...