Friday I put Lydia down for a nap. I put the lock on the out side of her door so I can keep her in there when it is nap time. She is pretty good about staying in bed when she is suppose to. Sometimes she is a pill and will try anything to get out of bed.
"I need some water"
"I need to go potty"
"I need kissies"
"I want to watch cartoons"
"I want to sleep on the couch"
I usually just ignore her till she goes to sleep, unless she needs to go potty. But I never let her out the first time she asks. I give her 5 or 10 mins, because we always take her potty before bed/nap time. Well Friday at nap time I got the I need to go potty bit. I let her sleep in her princess dress mainly cause I didn't want to deal with the fight to take it off. Then I hear instead of the usual "I need to go potty" she says "I pee'd in my princess dress!" So I come running to the door.
I opened the door and she came walking funny out in her underwear, and I noticed the "heavy" looking underwear. you guessed it folks, she pooped in her panties. She didn't get in trouble cause it was technically my fault for not getting her when she said she needed to go. So we cleaned her up and sent her back to bed.
SATURDAY... Nap time rolls around again, and I hear the potty bit. I wait and hear it a few more times in the next couple mins, but it didn't really sound urgent. Not even 5 mins passes and I hear "I peed in my princess dress" I went running. She pooped AGAIN.
Now you have to understand, usually when Lydia has to go any kind of potty she starts knocking at the door and getting louder and crying if I take to long, so the fact that she didn't' even try for 5 mins, that was just sillyness. And mom was NOT happy. PLUS she took her underwear of in the bathroom, so I had THAT mess to clean up.
I wiped her bum and said "ok, since you pooped in your underwear and got all dirty we need to clean you off, so lets go take a shower." Lydia does not like the shower. usually I wait for the water to warm up, but she hopped right in so I closed the curtain and gave her a COLD shower. ...lets just say that left a big impact on that little girl, she soon went to bed, and I don't think we will have that problem again.
5 comments:
That's great! I love it!
"I peed in my princess dress!" Hehe. I'm sorry that it happened, but it made me laugh, so I guess I'm not that sorry. ;)
ug...I hate it when boys poop anywhere but the potty. I think you handeled that better than I would have.
Ha-ha! Teach her to mess with you!
I mean...uh...I'm awesome!
My sister, Anna, throws her girls in the cold shower when they throw temper-tantrums. CLOTHES AND ALL! Now, I haven't used that tactic, cuz Caleb is not HALF as emotional as Anna's two girls are. But I've always told myself that if we ever have to deal with poopy underwears that he'll get a cold shower too. And aren't we lucky he likes to poop in the potty?! Whenever he goes, he won't shut-up about it! "Mommy I pooped!" "Mommy come and see!" "Mommy it's a bit one! I pooped a big one!" And so on till I come in there and congratulate him.
Post a Comment