The html for my blog is wanna learn everything. I was starting to think that I should have done something more fitting like Rone famliy, or something along those lines, but I have come to realize that it is plenty fitting.
I chose "wanna learn everything" for my blog cause it very well describes me. (especially in reference to the fine arts) I see something new and I want to try it. Like the cookie tin banjo I made at the begining of the year. Or my "work" with duct tape. No one showed me how, I saw something or got an idea, and I wanted to figure it out.
I need to pace my self though, lately I've been wanting to learn all sorts of new stuff. New instruments really. Piano, Fiddle, and Mandolin. I want to learn all these new things for my self, but also so I have that much more I can offer my kids. Lets face it, they aren't getting much academic enlightenment from me with my do-what-I-have-to-to-graduate high school diploma. I wont be much help with their math home work :)
I also learned something new about my self. My talent is not in being able to play different instruments, or sew, or glass etching, or any of the random crafts I can do. My talent lies in being able to teach my self something new, and being able to improve with out a teacher guiding me along.
All I need to learn something new (for the most part, not on everything) is to have a strong desire to learn it (you wont get very far with out the proper motivation) and resources available, ie the internet. I taught my self to play the banjo, never bought a single book or paid for a lesson, I found all my songs and info on line. And I have gotten good enough to give beginner banjo lessons. Not to shabby. :)
Well it's official. I'm now learning to play the piano. I am borrowing my Grandma's key board and so far I've played it every day. And I'm picking it up faster then I thought I would. I just need to remember I can't get good over night. I'm having so much fun with it though. I'd like to be good enough to play in church. I'm always happy to serve ( or try to be) and what better way to serve then to get to do something you love too. And you can't really play the banjo for Relief Society now can you :)
I'm also wanting to practice my fiddle. That one is a little harder to practice cause I sound so bad...and I can't wear ear plugs if I want to improve :) I play piano more casue it's out and I cant' leave my fiddle out where little fingers can play with it.
Just give me a year on the fiddle and piano to where I can just sit down a play a pice of music in front of me, and I'm sure something else will catch my eye.
It's just too bad that my very favorite "hobby" is something I cant' teach my self. I need a tap teacher to progress, and that is something that only sometimes works out. :(
4 comments:
A.) I LOVE your header picture!
B.) Thank you for the words of cooking encouragment.
C.) Did you know you spelled wanna wrong? :)
D.) Keep it up!
Wow Sarah! Good for you! I need to "re-learn" a lot on the piano too. But I was going to tell you I have a few beginer books I can scan for ya and send to you if you want. And when you're ready I've got TONS of music that all came with the piano when we bought it. I even have "yes we have no banannas" way fun to play. Let me know if you want some of my music!
I'm Proud of you for wanting to jump back into piano!
Ris- thanks. I got a lot of beginner music from mom, so I'm good for a little while. I'll let you know when I get bored.
Tami-no, I didnt' realize I spelled wanna wrong. Typical. I guess that just proves my point that I need something more then my "academic enlightenment" to offer my children. ha ha ha.
I've always thought that you had a knack for teaching yourself new stuff :) And from the first moment I saw the address for your blog I thought it fit you VERY well. :) Wish I was cool like that.
Post a Comment