So yesterday when we got to church the doors were locked, so we drove around and parked on the other side, which we don't usually park on that side. So we get in side and I fix Lydia's hair cause if I fix it before we leave she takes it out in the car. Though I don't know why i bother it comes out in Nursery anyway. :)
As we were singing the opening some Lydia said she needed to go potty, so out we go. But she didn't want to go in the regular potty, she wanted to go in the nursery potty, they have a little tiny toddler toilet. The door was open but the lights weren't working, and that scared Lydia, she sat on the potty with her head in her hands. So we went to the big potty. She couldn't decide which stall. We went in one and she got upset cause she wanted the other one, so we switched, and she got upset again cause she wanted the one we were just in....that's a 2 year old for you. I said either go in this one or we will leave, so she screamed....ooo this is fun. The bathroom echos. So I took her into a room and held her down, till she stopped screaming. She calmed down and said she needed to go potty, so we tried again. Same result.
By now the sacrament had started to I took my screaming child out side and held her till she calmed down. We had a chat and went back inside. Sacrament was still going on so we sat in the foyer waiting to go sit in the chapel. Then Daddy came out with Danton. He was singing his sleepy song which actually sounds like loud yelling, the more tired he gets the louder he groans.
As we waited, Lydia found a friend. A little boy about her age. And she started flirting. talking about colors and shapes, and she was playing with her hair and twisting back and forth and smiling real big, then they chased each other...and got in trouble for running. Then they started all over again.
When we got back inside Lydia made friends with the girl behind us (about my age this time) She shared her lip gloss, and Lydia felt so pretty. she was being good so I turned around and let her stay. Next time I looked back she had mascara, and blush on also...um I'm glad she was having fun dressing up, I just didn't really like it during church. She came up to me and was playing with her hair again and twisting back and forth, she was gorgeous. She told me so her self. I washed her face before nursery.
Then my favorite part of the day, after church was over since we parked on the opposite side I had to walk down the opposite hall, and I saw all the people I usually miss after church. One of these people that I happened to run into I had been wanting to talk to. She use to own a Dance studio so I asked her if she would be interested in teaching tap again. She smiled and said now wouldn't that be fun. Then she told me that she had actually been thinking about starting it up again. WOOT WOOT!!!
I got SO excited. IF I can tap again I really need to be able to take my kids with me cause Mark will be in school. So there is nothing concrete now besides she thinks it will be fun too, but it got me excited. I'll keep bugging her till she decides one way or the other.
I haven't done tap since I was pregnant with Danton, and I really need to get back in shape. That would be AWESOME! So we shall see...
7 comments:
Yeah, yesterday morning I forsaw a day just like you described, only I had the happy fortune of dealing with it ALONE and with an brood of 3 instead of 2. So what did I do? I skipped church. It was a wonderful day!! :)
"Then Daddy came out with Danton. He was singing his sleepy song" I thought you meant Mark. And then you said, "which actually sounds like loud yelling" I was REALLY confused. I thought Why in the world would mark sing a song like taht just to get danton to sleep. Yeah maybe he's tired, but dont you think thatd be a bit disruptive....then I realized you were talking about Danton. LOL.
OOHH make up. You're gonna have a fun one on your hands. You know, you could get her those sticker earrings. Those come off a lot easier than mascara. And if she were my little girl I would have washed her face too.
Hurray for Hopeful tap! Let me know if you do get to do lessons again. That'd be exciting!
oh if I start tap again the whole world will know :)
sticker ear rings...hum not a bad idea. I was thinking we might have trouble at 13, but no the trouble will stat a whole lot sooner then that I think. :)
Mark does sing a sleepy song for danton, but that one isn't good for sacrament either, have you heard our four wet pigs song? Danton LOVES it. But no, DANTON was singing (or groaning, or yelling) his sleepy song. :)
Yeah I thought you were talking about the wet pigs song. And I wondered why he was screaming it during sacrament meeting. lol.
LOL that is awesome
You might want to rethink those sticker earrings Sarah. Danton will find them everywhere then it will be real fun.
oooo...good point. He crawled into the kitchen this morning and helped him self to an old cracker on teh floor :)
Post a Comment