Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trailer B!

We bought trailer B. It got here in the mail on Friday. It so totally rocks! It takes a little longer to set up, but we have had fun with it. Friday Lydia and I put the wheels in teh trunk and went to air them up and then Saturday we were at Grandmas and I put my blades on and we went for a ride. VERY smooth ride. And by the way, the brake works great. You don't really notice the fixed wheel either. Danton hasn't gone for a ride in it yet, he is too small to sit in the seat. I think I'm going to make him a booster out of foam though.
Yesterday I took Lydia and Aleena for a ride. They LOVED it. I gotta say though, on flat ground or down hill, not much different then a bike with out the trailer, but going up hill, BIG difference.



I wanted the other trailer cause I knew it had good storage, but check this out.

I know you can't really tell how big that it, but Danton could fit laying down, I can put 3 gal on milk back there and still have more space. It's nice.

Now I don't really like the wheel guards, but they just snap on over the wheels, so I don't have to put them on. But this is how the wheel attaches.

I'm pushing the lever in to open the "lock"

Then you slid the pin on the wheel down the tube and release the locking pin.

And it clicks down in this groove.

so I don't know if the wheels could come off while riding. The wheel guards would totally prevent that, so annoying as they are, they will stay on for now till I have more experience with the trailer.

We had a request for more pictures of Danton...ha ha, sorry it's not his face. Mark took this over the weekend. I'll get some better ones. He is rolling over now.

and Lydia LOVES to help me cook.

7 comments:

Chelsi said...

So jealous! We still haven't gotten a bike trailer because we can't make up our minds... Send me a quick e-mail with more info on yours. Maybe it will help us make a decision. I also need your address so Tydon can send Lydia something in the mail :) gordnchels@gmail.com

Nancyann said...

Sounds great! I'm sure Lydia loves it! And I love the last picture of her cooking, so cute!

Sheri said...

It looks awesome! Where do you store it?

I can imagine it is no fun to go up hills pulling a bike trailer. Fortunately, I avoid uphills at all costs...even if it means calling my husband to come get us from the library. hahaha

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha sheri. I'm so happy for you! Isnt it liberating to know you're not stuck at home!

Sarah said...

I love you Sheri. I love the picture of Lydia cooking too. I can't keep er out of the kitchen now, she loves to help me.

Sarah said...

The trailer folds down and I keep it behind my couch

The Ottley's said...

Yeah! I'm glad it's working for you! I'm thinking Chadd and I will have to wait for next year. Gavinn just won't fit right and with Chadd working swings... I don't forsee any biking trips this summer. BOOO! Ride for me would you?!