Sunday, June 14, 2009

kids are the BEST

Yesterday Mark and I went on a Date and Danton and Lydia got to stay with Granny and Papa (I LOVE having family close by) We went out to dinner, and then we all went to a movie (we saw Land of the Lost...DON"T GO SEE IT.) When we got back to Granny and Papa's Lydia got her Daddy and gave him a BIG hug, then it was my turn. She saw me and got excited she ran to me, and said "MOM! I hold you!" so I picked her up adn I got the BIGGEST tightest squeeze EVER. That is so great. Then she said "MOM, I'm SO glad to see you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She said that a couple times.
I have concluded that she LOVES birthdays, and they are the most fun ever, presents, candles cake and a party. So to tell someone happy birthday is the ULTIMATE good time, and another way for her to say I love you. It was very cute. I think she told me happy birthday 3 or 4 times in about 5 mins.

3 comments:

TannHart said...

I agree with Lydia...Birthdays are the most fun days, how sweet of her to tell you so many times :)

Jill and Travis said...

"Happy Birthday." Saying it like I love you. Oh I love it! I think I will start using that. She is so funny! (BTW, yeah I heard Land of the Lost is not so great. Sorry you used your date night to see a movie you did not like. Bummer.)

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

yay that just makes me even more excted for the unbirthday party!