Thursday, June 11, 2009

folding laundry

A few days ago I was folding laundry when the following conversation took place.
Lydia: Pants. A wear it.
Me: No Lydia, these aren't pants, these are daddy's underwears.
Lydia: Daddy's underwears, a wear it.
Me: No you don't wear Daddy's underwears. Daddy doesn't wear Lydia's underwears, and Lydia doesn't wear Daddy's underwears.
Lydia: ...A Daddy'a underwears...He's a big girl.
Me: (laughing) Is Daddy a big girl?
Lydia: Yes. Daddy's a big girl, a big girl underwears.

Another time she grabbed a pice of cloth and rolled it up, and as she was carrying it around she was telling me it was her banjo. "Mom, it's a Banjo. We go to the store. Banjo, a grocery store." Then she walks over to the door and opens it up "Mom, we'll be back in 30 mins"

There was another funny thing she said this week too, but now I don't remember what it was. Though now that she goes potty we leave the gate down to the bathroom. IT's not always a good thing, but she usually does ok. But she LOVES to take things potty. Her Blankie (which she calls a baby) her puppy dogie, her dolly, and her snake (which is just a small red hair ribbon) I often hear the potty flush before I even knew she was in there. Earlier this week she came out of the bathroom and I noticed splashing on her shirt. I looked closer and her hands were wet, I went in the bathroom and found water splashes all over the toilet seat and floor. ...I was not a very happy mommy. I was so mad I told her that if she ever played in the toilet again she was gonna have to take a 10 hour nap. In my head I thought to say 5 hour, but it came out 10. ...I think she got the point no matter how silly I must have sounded. We haven't' had another problem with it since then.

since Marks new mini lap top is compatible with our camera I can now put videos on my blog. I have a few, I need to get online and put them on here so I can take them off his computer. So here in a few days you can expect to see some videos. horay!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

She's such a funny bug! I'm excited that you can now put pictures up. And yay for Mark that his new laptop is here! That's exciting.

Chelsi said...

Those conversations are priceless. We really need to document all of them to share with them when they are older.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha she has got quite the imagination. I cant wait for the reunion!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but, sometimes I think a 10 hour nap doesn't sound like punishment to me :D