
TRAILER B

We are talking about getting a bike trailer, and I have narrowed it down to 2 choices. I can't decide! Both are the same price.
Trailer A:
Only weighs 25 lbs, lots of storage space in the back behind the kids, and is only 32 inches wide.
However I don't like the stroller wheel.
Trailer B:
Weighs 37 lbs, 36 inches wide (may not fit through the door when it's set up), I have no idea how much storage it has behind the seat, though from the picture it doesn't look like much (but I haven't' seen a picture of Trailer A's storage, I've just read the reviews) Trailer B has a padded seat and extra protection under the foot bed, where Trailer A does not.
However Trailer B looks like an excellent stroller, great wheel, AND my favorite part, it has a brake, which means I could go roller bladeing again!
would I even notice the extra 12 lbs behind me with trailer B? Will I use the stroller as much as I think? could I add a brake to Trailer A?
Trailer A had TONS of reviews and I read them all, Trailer B had no reviews that I've found so far.
Which one would you get?
16 comments:
Gord and I would like to get a trailer too. I usually let him decide on these type of things. I really like the looks of Trailer B's front wheel, much better than A's. I think it is worth the extra $$$ to make sure it converts to a jogger too. The padding would be nice and you always need storage... sounds like you are comparing all the things we are looking for. I hate decisions... especially when it involves $$$!
They're the same price?!?!?!?! No brainer! Definatly trailer B. I use my trailer as a stroller all the time. Yeah it's a little wider, but you have a hand break! and a front wheel! I NEVER use the front wheel on mine cause it looks like trailer A's. It looks like it may be a little harder to set up, but I'm sure you'd get used to it. And the bars around the tires would be WAY nice. It acts like a guard. And trailer two looks like it will last longer. Yeah not much room for packing stuff around, but I found that when you do put stuff behind the kids, they're too uncomfortable to ride anyhow. So I'd always tie a walmart sack or bag of some sort to the handel in the back when we went riding.
TRAILER B! TRAILER B!
And it has the flag on the back. I need one of those. It's another one of those peace of mind things.
I choose B. The front wheel is the clincher for me. Look at that piddly front wheel on "A". It's like a cheap hotwheels wheel. I think the awesomeness of front wheel "B" would more than make up for the extra weight.
Besides, the extra weight means it's sturdier, right? So...safer for the children. :)
Um...my neighbor was selling one of those at her garage sale on Saturday and I don't think it sold...interested?
T-ann, how old was it?
Rissy, you think you would like the wheel guards? I thought they might get annoying.
I found a review on B that was helpful. B can tip backward as the stroller if left unattended...which I dont' plan on doing. :)it has sturdy hardware, and you can leave the stroller wheel attachment on and just take the wheel off while using it as a trailer.
If you are wondering the price both at right at $150, give or take a buck or two.
I'll talk to Mark and see which one he likes better too.
oh both trailers have a flag (both flags are cheap and break easily) both have the same kind of seat belts, both convert from stroller to trailer with out tools, ...but I just noticed B has reflectors on the wheel. But with either one I'd get some reflector tape and cover the thing. :)
I'll post my decision when it's made.
Lydia wants the "pink" one
It looked pretty new, but I don't know if it converted into a stroller or not.
I know a lot of bikers opt for the wheel guards, but they ride on trails and stuff with bushes and things that could get caught in the wheels. I've heard that it is more sturdy. I dont like the look of it as much. But I'm not so sure that it does that much.
Did you get to ride mine around much while you had it? Trailer A is almost exactly like mine. If you want to take things down quickly I think A will go slightly faster.
Ok...never mind someone at their church bought it...sorry
that's ok, i've pretty much given up on finding a used trailer, I like to shop and think about my purchases before I get them and with a used one you have to jump on it now or it's gone. :) Thanks anyway!
Um... how about C?
LOL thanks Tami, you're a big help. :)
I would go b. We are into one right to put our dog in. But anywho, I used to try to use A as a stroller and you feel like a goof and it wasn't as easy as it looks. It will suprise you how much you will want to interchange them.
hum, now I have noticed that B has a fixed wheel. I thing that would get annoying, anyone with any experience with a fixed wheel? BAH, every time I think I have made up my mind I go an change it again.
Post a Comment