Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pickle Heaven

No, it's not what you think it is. I was getting ready to make more pickles yesterday and I needed the rings off my other jars so I pulled them all out to harvest the rings and admire my almost pickles. (I even set an alarm on my phone to alert me the day they are done) well i noticed that some of my pickles lids were bulging, and bulging is a BAD thing. I looked it up and they are growing bacteria, very very bad bacteria. Bad enough to make you very sick and sometimes DIE!!!
So 5 of my very very full jars of pickles don't get to be enjoyed, they have died and are going to pickle heaven.

11 comments:

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

sad day!! Do you know what went wrong....or was it just "their time"?

Sheri said...

ah, I assumed that the bacteria would kill the person who ate it, and that PERSON would go to pickle heaven.

But now that I think on it I understand that the person would go to PEOPLE HEAVEN, not PICKLE heaven.

Sarah said...

I had to dispose of them this afternoon, I dumped them in a gal ice cream bucket, and it was OVERFLOWING. The first two jars I opened smelled SOOO good! And it made me even more sadder and more sadder. But the last 3 all smelled really really bad, so I wasn't so sad any more. just a little sad.

Cassie Rakes said...

Oh man, that's sad.

Mark said...

I hope pickle heaven is a very fiery place with lots toasted pickles being tortured.

Sarah said...

Mark I think sweet pickles go to a place like that.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha you mean...not so sweet pickles.

Garry the Jeweler said...

So you're saying "Sweet" pickles go to the bad place, and "not so sweet" pickles go to the good place ????

Sounds twisted to me.

Lildonbro said...

I hate it when your blog makes me cry! That was so sad. I've never had a pickle close to me pass away and I can't imagine having to say 'goodbye' to 5 jars at once. If you need anything let me know!

P.S. you were right, the title made me smile until I realize the pickles were GOING to heaven. I thought you had a plethora of pickles and THAT was pickle heaven. How sad.

Sarah said...

D, thanks for your condolences. ...I could use a pickle, if you have one to spare.

Mike and Marisa Compton said...

haha one to spare. silly sarah