Saturday, August 9, 2008
Should have got a Jitterbug
Have you seen those commercials for the Jitterbug? If you aren't familiar with it, it's a phone for old people that can't see and don't have time to "figure out" how to use a "real" cell phone. You dial a number and the operator will enter a new name and number into the address book if you want. It is supposedly the simplest cell phone to operate.
So, that said, Mark and I went on a date Thursday. We went and set up cell phones cause we are sick of not being able to reach each other when we want or need to. Now we haven't had a cell phone in 3 years I know technology changes rapidly, but I thought in 3 years I'd still know how to operate a cell phone. We went through AT&T and we got the only free phone they had with a 2 year contract, and they only have it in one color so we are going to have to make them so Mark doesn't take off with mine to work. It's the simplest phone they have, and because of that it is not so simple.
There is no side volume button, you have to search through the menu to find it. It took us both forever to figure out how to change the volume. We both felt like old people cause we couldn't just turn it on and make it do anything we wanted.
You can't change all the settings. They are preset into groups. Like the button beep, you can't adjust the volume, you can pick a setting with it on or you can pick a setting with it off. I didn't know that. It took me a few mins of frustration trying to change the volume of the button beep before I realized you couldn't. At that time I was thinking "maybe we should have gotten the jitterbug" (though it was a sarcastic thought toward my self for not being able to figure it out, I did not really want to have a super cool jitterbug.)
We've got the hang of it now, and it didn't really take that long to get it figured out, but the fact that we HAD to figure it out made us feel old.
After we got our phones set up we went and saw Prince Caspian, it was AWESOME, if you haven't seen it.
It was a fun date, even if it made us feel old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man I hope it's not the same for us when we finally decide to get cells again. OOHH!! I can't wait to see prince caspian! I'm glad you said it's good. I've heard that if you've read the books recently then you shouldn't watch it cause it will make you mad. But I haven't read the books since JR High so I should be good there!
So that's pretty funny. I can here the jingle in my head, the jitter bug oh yeah.
Ha-ha! I love that story. Everytime I get a new phone I feel the same way, it's why I hate switching phones.
But then again I'm the girl who can't figure out how to operate the TV in my house. Sad I know, but true.
Post a Comment