Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This last weekend

I think I don't have much to blog about, and then I upload the pictures on the computer and all of a sudden i could have 4 different blogs. Boy having a camera makes a difference.
Saturday I was throwing a baby shower for a friend of mine. Granny and Papa invited Lydia to go to a pancake breakfast with Santa.Mark decided to go too and take Danton. (brave soul) He thought I could use the time to get ready for the shower with out the kids. And BOY was he RIGHT. It was awesome. And I had more to do then I realized. He got home just a few mins before guests started arriving. Just enough time to put Danton in bed and split.

I wanted to let the kids decorate cookies this year, so that is what we did for FHE yesterday. We had Tithing settlement on Sunday and Bishop gave us 3 pictures of the new temple in Kansas City, one for the family and one for each of the kids. So for FHE first we talked about the new temple and why they were building it, and then we framed them and hung them in their rooms. Then it was COOKIE TIME. I frosted them and gave them the sprinkles. *DUMP* One of their decorated cookies had enough sprinkles to share with 2 others. They each did two, and that pretty much took nearly the whole batch. :) We were a little late with the camera so we didn't get any decorating in action pics (also it was over very quickly) But we did get some of the after product. And finally some project pictures. This is Danton's truck, it's on it's side cause the paint was drying. I finally figured out a simple sturdy way to attach the steering wheel and still have it spin. So I still have to cut out the wheel, paint the front, add the flames (oh yes, FLAMES) and attach the wheel.
I expected the truck to be a big project, but not Lydia's kitchen. But when you end up having 4 BIG wood projects to do for Christmas with NO wood working experience and minimal tools, it takes a while. Lydia's kitchen will take a little more explaining, so I'll save that for another post.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

woah sarah those are going to be awesome! Mikey and xander and gavin are going to want a toy box now. ;)

Garry the Jeweler said...

I never knew you would grow up to be one of Santa Elves. I'm so glad you have a garage to use as a workshop.