Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's CLEAN!!!

I decided as soon as I get my house all clean I can start my next project. Don't worry, it's a simple one, I just want to make a little shelf for all our shoes in the closet. I already have the wood, and it's already painted. I just have to make a few cuts and put it all together.
ANYWAY... My goal was after Christmas I was going to work room by room till my house was ALL clean. I started with the Laundry room. It's as clean as I can get it until we get more shelving for the pantry (hopefully in March) The kitchen...well that is a daily thing, as well as the living room. The bedrooms....yikes. We went through all the toys and got the rooms "organized" But then they play with toys, get dressed and sleep in their beds and all of a sudden their rooms are messy again. But at least it's an easy clean up. 10 mins a room and we are in good shape. My bedroom...now that is a different story.
Doing an insane amount of projects before Christmas turned out to be a good habit forming thing in the long run (lets hope it sticks) Danton goes down for a nap and I get up and get busy. So far I've done it all week with out a thought. So yesterday i started on my bedroom. And in order to clean my bedroom (which still had boxes) I also had to dive into my closet and the kids closets. threw out a bunch of junk, organized all teh kids clothes they they have grown out of, got a bag fo things to donate and cleaned up the closet and finally delt with thoes boxes of random STUFF that you don't know what to do with. I didn't quite get done yesterday, so when nap time rolled around again today I got back to work. When Danton woke up I had a few papers to file, one more small box to go through and vacuuming. I pushed through and now my whole room is CLEAN! My bathroom counter looks a little cluttery, and we still have a few things that live on top of the dressers cause we don't' have a home for them yet, but it's CLEAN!! Things are put away and not just put somewhere!
So I'm going to see if I can manage to get the ENTIRE house clean all at the same time, and I THINK i can do it before Mark gets home today (and he gets off early today) (I'm including folding laundry AND putting it away. And I think I can do it in about an hour and a half.
On your mark.
Get set.
GO!!!!
(next post is Christmas, promise)
::UPDATE:: It took ALMOST 2 hours, but I did it. YAY! And I got it done before Mark got home. YAY! And I already know what I'm cooking for dinner. YAY! And it's easy (hamburgers, with preformed patty's) YAY!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Ottley's said...

I love a clean house! :) Good for you momma!
T